Tornados on Sunday night killed at least 16 people in Arkansas and 1 person in Oklahoma, the Washington Post reported early Monday.
Schools have drills, teaching students what to do in the event of a storm, and at home, we know to seek shelter in a basement or on the lowest floor, away from windows.
But what about at your house of worship? Where would you go if a storm hit? And how would your faith community serve others in the aftermath?
Tornados are unlikely in Spokane, but still – as spring storm season continues, we’d like to know: Does your faith community have a disaster plan?
Take our poll – and share your planning advice in the comments section.
Oops! We could not locate your form.
- Does your faith group have a disaster plan? - May 1, 2014
- 5 memes on giving up Facebook for Lent - March 5, 2014
- Frozen or flaming: What’s the better depiction of hell? - January 9, 2014
- POLL: Would you have picked Pope Francis as Person of the Year? - December 12, 2013
- 5 fun nun movies - October 22, 2013
- 9 perspectives on prayer – how often do you pray? - September 17, 2013
- Series wrap-up: From Bullets to Burnings: Religion & Violence in America - September 11, 2013
- POLL: Who do you serve when you volunteer? - September 9, 2013
- 10 things to know about the High Holy Days (from Rosh Hashanah to Yom Kippur) - September 4, 2013
- Moving on: Joplin Muslim community moves forward after mosque burns to ground - August 28, 2013