These summits offer an opportunity for people of faith to gather and discuss ways to collectively further social justice in Washington. Previous FAN summits took place this June in the Tri-Cities, Vancouver, and Puget Sound.
FAN is a statewide interfaith advocacy nonprofit organization. According to their website, they believe that faith communities working together “are a powerful voice of the faithful building a more just, peaceful, and sustainable world.”
The summits ensure that advocates are listened to across the state on issues of economic justice, affordable housing, racial justice, etc. In the past, groups have also discussed issues around criminal justice, tax reform, climate change, and healthcare.
Summits also provide the space to connect with other local advocates who share specific policy interests to learn from one another as well as to find ways to continue advocacy work together.
These conversations are launching points for future dialogue and collaborations and a way to get to know neighbors.
They also provide a space to highlight successes and future needs in legislation.
People of all faith communities are invited and asked to register here.
- Christopher Yuan, author of “Holy Sexuality and the Gospel,” Comes to Spokane for Path of Life Fall Event - September 11, 2019
- Christopher Yuan Talks about the Evangelical Christian Church’s Witness to the LGBTQ+ Community - September 11, 2019
- Poor People’s Campaign Organizes Task Force in Spokane - September 5, 2019
- In Defense of a Literal Bible Interpretation Part 3: The Literal Interpretation of Adam and Eve - August 24, 2019
- In Defense of a Literal Bible Interpretation Part 2: What It Is and Why It’s the Best Method for the Christian - August 17, 2019
- In Defense of a Literal Bible Interpretation Part 1: Intro and A Little of My Story - August 10, 2019
- I Will Not Look Away - June 29, 2019
- Faith Action Network Brings Spring Summit to Spokane - June 28, 2019
- Unitarians Assemble in Spokane, Address Immigrant Prison System With Film Screening - June 21, 2019
- Summer Brings Vacation Bible Schools and Other Day Camps to Spokane and North Idaho - June 12, 2019