These summits offer an opportunity for people of faith to gather and discuss ways to collectively further social justice in Washington. Previous FAN summits took place this June in the Tri-Cities, Vancouver, and Puget Sound.
FAN is a statewide interfaith advocacy nonprofit organization. According to their website, they believe that faith communities working together “are a powerful voice of the faithful building a more just, peaceful, and sustainable world.”
The summits ensure that advocates are listened to across the state on issues of economic justice, affordable housing, racial justice, etc. In the past, groups have also discussed issues around criminal justice, tax reform, climate change, and healthcare.
Summits also provide the space to connect with other local advocates who share specific policy interests to learn from one another as well as to find ways to continue advocacy work together.
These conversations are launching points for future dialogue and collaborations and a way to get to know neighbors.
They also provide a space to highlight successes and future needs in legislation.
People of all faith communities are invited and asked to register here.
- Voices: #Black Lives Matter in Spokane - June 13, 2020
- SpokaneFāVS Asks You to Consider Becoming a Member - June 10, 2020
- Interfaith Champion Tracy Simmons Wins First Place in Pivot Spokane Storytelling Contest - May 28, 2020
- FāVS Win CARES Act Grant from Humanities Washington & the National Endowment for the Humanities - May 19, 2020
- Spokane Community Steps Up to Lessen Burdens Due to COVID-19 Restrictions - March 14, 2020
- Hindu Community To Celebrate Holi at FāVS Center March 8 - February 26, 2020
- Upcoming breakfast to raise funds for anti-trafficking ministry - February 21, 2020
- Conflicting Causes Surrounding Abortion Bring Their Annual Events to Riverfront Park on the Same Day - January 17, 2020
- Spokane Holiday Celebrations Outside the “Traditional” Box - December 13, 2019
- Grace is the Antidote of Distrust and Division - December 4, 2019