By Mark Azzara
As an American and as a Christian I am thoroughly humiliated and disgusted by a presidential campaign that’s being conducted in a moral sewer. I feel like I need to take a shower to wash away the hypocritical moral slime that Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are hurling, but they are the ones who really should shower because both revel in their hypocrisy.
The cheap, hollow “apology” Trump offered demonstrates that he still believes he has a right to debauchery and doesn’t need to apologize publicly to the wife he has humiliated. Hillary, who was equally humiliated by public revelations of her husband’s sexual exploits while president, is just as hypocritical when she criticizes Trump while refusing to cast her husband into the same cauldron because she now needs Bill’s political skills to help her get elected.
Jesus’ harshest words were reserved for hypocrites. Both candidates must be cleansed of hypocrisy via repentance – a word with heavy religious overtones that actually has an equally non-religious definition: A fundamental change of thinking that leads to an equally fundamental change of conduct. The first one to do so gets my vote.
All God’s blessings – Mark
- Reparations? Yes, for all! - August 7, 2019
- If no news is good news … pray - June 20, 2019
- Finding my true self - June 11, 2019
- Are women the moral arbiters of their families? - June 3, 2019
- Only her body is broken - May 16, 2019
- How valuable are you? No more violence - May 2, 2019
- What went up in flames? - April 17, 2019
- Lenten Sacrifice - March 31, 2019
- Worshipping Wealth - March 25, 2019
- I’m As Bad As They Are - March 10, 2019