More than 80 people attended today’s Coffee Talk.
Panelists will discuss the importance of inter-religious, spiritual and secular work here in Spokane, what it looks like today and what it could like in the future.
This is also a chance to get a peek at the home of Spokane’s new Interfaith Community Center. Origin Church, on the South Hill, donated its building and property to FāVS and the FāVS board has decided to use the gift to create an interfaith center for the Spokane area. Because Coffee Talk won’t be at a coffee shop this time, FāVS will be providing coffee and some snacks.
- Rev. C. Scott Kinder-Pyle, pastor of Origin and FāVS columnist, who wrote “In the Belly of Spokane’s Great Fish: How Interfaith Dialogue is Legitimate for Christians”
- Elizabeth Schindler, FāVS guest columnist and intern, who wrote, “The Future Depends on Raising Interfaith Allies”
- Naghmana Ahmed-Sherazi, FāVS Ask A Muslim writer
- Rev. Gen Heywood of Faith Leaders and Leaders of Conscience, who wrote, “We Will Thrive: The Future of Interfaith”
Origin is located at 5115 S. Freya. Extra parking is located around the corner on 51st Ave.
If everyone who reads and appreciates FāVS, helps fund it with a tax-deductible donation, we can provide more events like this. For as little as $5, you can support FāVS – and it only takes a minute. Thank you.
[give_form id=”53376″ show_title=”true” display_style=”button”]
- A new aspect of the Tarot boom: Diversity in the deck - November 13, 2021
- The Lands Council To Host SpoCanopy Community Tree Planting Event - October 10, 2021
- Gonzaga Report on Catholic Sexual Abuse Crisis Recommends Next Steps, Path Forward for Healing and Justice - September 4, 2021
- We Believe We Vote Bringing Gov. Mike Huckabee to Spokane - August 29, 2021
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright to speak at Whitworth University’s President’s Leadership Forum - August 21, 2021
- Saturday Coffee Talk to be on Understanding Prayer - August 6, 2021
- $5 Million Grant Will Fund Research on How Pandemic Has Impacted Congregations - July 28, 2021
- Spokane City Council to Host Discussion on State of Immigrants and Refugees in Spokane - July 21, 2021
- YWCA Spokane to Present Roundtable Discussion: Kids, Caregivers, COVID & Trauma - July 18, 2021
- Nominations open for Eva Lassman Take Action Against Hate Awards - July 12, 2021