More than 80 people attended today’s Coffee Talk.
Panelists will discuss the importance of inter-religious, spiritual and secular work here in Spokane, what it looks like today and what it could like in the future.
This is also a chance to get a peek at the home of Spokane’s new Interfaith Community Center. Origin Church, on the South Hill, donated its building and property to FāVS and the FāVS board has decided to use the gift to create an interfaith center for the Spokane area. Because Coffee Talk won’t be at a coffee shop this time, FāVS will be providing coffee and some snacks.
- Rev. C. Scott Kinder-Pyle, pastor of Origin and FāVS columnist, who wrote “In the Belly of Spokane’s Great Fish: How Interfaith Dialogue is Legitimate for Christians”
- Elizabeth Schindler, FāVS guest columnist and intern, who wrote, “The Future Depends on Raising Interfaith Allies”
- Naghmana Ahmed-Sherazi, FāVS Ask A Muslim writer
- Rev. Gen Heywood of Faith Leaders and Leaders of Conscience, who wrote, “We Will Thrive: The Future of Interfaith”
Origin is located at 5115 S. Freya. Extra parking is located around the corner on 51st Ave.
If everyone who reads and appreciates FāVS, helps fund it with a tax-deductible donation, we can provide more events like this. For as little as $5, you can support FāVS – and it only takes a minute. Thank you.
[give_form id=”53376″ show_title=”true” display_style=”button”]
- VIDEO: Engaging Faith Communities Online, Beyond Worship - March 26, 2020
- How Faith Communities Can Improve Their Digital Presence During COVID-19 - March 25, 2020
- FāVS offers digital consulting, technician services for faith communities moving online - March 20, 2020
- 3 ways to support your faith community during COVID-19 - March 20, 2020
- VIDEO: How Congregations Can Improve Virtual Presence During COVID-19 Restrictions - March 18, 2020
- FāVS To Host Webinar On Digitizing Worship - March 16, 2020
- FāVS To Host Digital Coffee Talk “Who Will You Be In A Crisis?” - March 14, 2020
- COVID-19: List of House of Worship Closings in Spokane Area - March 13, 2020
- Episcopal Diocese of Spokane, Spokane Buddhist Temple,Suspends Worship Services - March 13, 2020
- UPDATED: Spokane Churches Suspend Services in Response to COVID-19 - March 12, 2020