More than 80 people attended today’s Coffee Talk.
Panelists will discuss the importance of inter-religious, spiritual and secular work here in Spokane, what it looks like today and what it could like in the future.
This is also a chance to get a peek at the home of Spokane’s new Interfaith Community Center. Origin Church, on the South Hill, donated its building and property to FāVS and the FāVS board has decided to use the gift to create an interfaith center for the Spokane area. Because Coffee Talk won’t be at a coffee shop this time, FāVS will be providing coffee and some snacks.
- Rev. C. Scott Kinder-Pyle, pastor of Origin and FāVS columnist, who wrote “In the Belly of Spokane’s Great Fish: How Interfaith Dialogue is Legitimate for Christians”
- Elizabeth Schindler, FāVS guest columnist and intern, who wrote, “The Future Depends on Raising Interfaith Allies”
- Naghmana Ahmed-Sherazi, FāVS Ask A Muslim writer
- Rev. Gen Heywood of Faith Leaders and Leaders of Conscience, who wrote, “We Will Thrive: The Future of Interfaith”
Origin is located at 5115 S. Freya. Extra parking is located around the corner on 51st Ave.
If everyone who reads and appreciates FāVS, helps fund it with a tax-deductible donation, we can provide more events like this. For as little as $5, you can support FāVS – and it only takes a minute. Thank you.
[give_form id=”53376″ show_title=”true” display_style=”button”]
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions” - April 5, 2021
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Open to Local Artists - March 28, 2021
- Rally To Be Held in Downtown Spokane Saturday “To Stop Asian Hate” - March 19, 2021
- FāVS Survey: 10 Questions To Helps Us Get to Know Our Readers - March 7, 2021
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021
- Temple Beth Shalom Vandalized with Swastikas - February 8, 2021
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020