More than 80 people attended today’s Coffee Talk.
Panelists will discuss the importance of inter-religious, spiritual and secular work here in Spokane, what it looks like today and what it could like in the future.
This is also a chance to get a peek at the home of Spokane’s new Interfaith Community Center. Origin Church, on the South Hill, donated its building and property to FāVS and the FāVS board has decided to use the gift to create an interfaith center for the Spokane area. Because Coffee Talk won’t be at a coffee shop this time, FāVS will be providing coffee and some snacks.
- Rev. C. Scott Kinder-Pyle, pastor of Origin and FāVS columnist, who wrote “In the Belly of Spokane’s Great Fish: How Interfaith Dialogue is Legitimate for Christians”
- Elizabeth Schindler, FāVS guest columnist and intern, who wrote, “The Future Depends on Raising Interfaith Allies”
- Naghmana Ahmed-Sherazi, FāVS Ask A Muslim writer
- Rev. Gen Heywood of Faith Leaders and Leaders of Conscience, who wrote, “We Will Thrive: The Future of Interfaith”
Origin is located at 5115 S. Freya. Extra parking is located around the corner on 51st Ave.
If everyone who reads and appreciates FāVS, helps fund it with a tax-deductible donation, we can provide more events like this. For as little as $5, you can support FāVS – and it only takes a minute. Thank you.
[give_form id=”53376″ show_title=”true” display_style=”button”]
- Taking a Risk for Love - September 19, 2022
- VIDEO – Coffee Talk: Responding To Hate & Violence, Part 2 - August 7, 2022
- Now Hiring: Freelance Reporters - August 2, 2022
- Seeking Local Human Rights Champions - July 26, 2022
- Gonzaga offers $500 prize to person or organization countering hatred￼ - July 23, 2022
- VIDEO! Pop up Coffee Talk: Roe v Wade & Scotus – How my Faith Tells me to Respond - July 20, 2022
- How one church is staying “Grounded” - June 28, 2022
- Some Celebrate, Some Vow to Fight Back: Spokane Responds to Reversal of Roe V. Wade - June 24, 2022
- I am learning that ‘being’ is more compelling than ‘doing’ - May 16, 2022
- A tribute to my source, and friend, Pastor Andy CastroLang, who will retire this year - April 18, 2022