Our teaching has its roots in the 18th century transcendentalist movement, which was considered pantheistic in its understanding of God; the Universe itself is Spirit manifest. In this regard, I believe that the unfoldment creation is doing quite well.
When I release the world of the relative and focus on the world of possibility, I can see people that are reaching out and changing the world (as we know it) in magnificent ways. Yes, there are a lot of challenges ahead of us; however, we instantaneously have access to information from around the world and since the human mind seems to focus on the negative, we seem to get bogged down in the darker side of the human race.
I believe when we struggle and overcome the “demons” in our own mind and make a choice to change our life for the better, it also has a positive effect on the entire human race. You cannot change an atom in a cell and not make a difference in the cell.
I see people who are making changes within themselves in order to create a better world around them and, therefore, creating a better world…period! Through the steps taken by a relatively few people in race relations in the ‘50s and ‘60s came a freedom of expression unknown until that time; and yet if you went back and watched the daily news, it was mostly doom, gloom and violence.
Yes, I believe God —the Universal Intelligence that began this whole process of creation — did a magnificent job. Now the human race has the opportunity to step up and do its part. We, as individuals, may step up and continue the beauty of creation or we can destroy it — our choice.
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Jesus and the Easter Story - May 26, 2020
- Viewpoints: Does God Punish His Children? - January 25, 2020
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Minister Training - January 7, 2020
- Trust & Safety: A Response to December’s Coffee Talk - December 28, 2019
- Ask A Religious Scientist: What Do You Think About Jesus - May 1, 2019
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Minister Training - February 8, 2019
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Centers for Spiritual Living - December 21, 2018
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Did Ernest Holmes consider Religious Science Christian? - November 7, 2018
- Ask A Religion Scientist: Stance on Health - August 6, 2018
- Recognizing and celebrating Christmas Day - December 24, 2017