Compassion Games: Survival of the Kindest, is a worldwide event that encourages people in their communities to inspire one another and promote acts of compassion.
A series of Compassion Games events will take place around Spokane, beginning at 3 p.m., Sept. 9 with the Horse Massacre Healing opening ceremony at The Spokane Tribal Gathering Place, 347 N. Post St. At this event, attendees will honor the tribes and horses who suffered as the result of the 1858 Indian Horse Massacre.
Compassion Games Spokane will also be organizing service projects throughout the city.
Then, on Sept. 21 at 7 p.m. in Gonzaga’s Hemmingson Center, will be a World Peace Flag Ceremony.
- City continues work on network of Warming Centers - November 19, 2018
- December Coffee Talk: Breaking Out of Your Echo Chambers - November 15, 2018
- Consider Advertising With FāVS, reach a targeted, loyal audience - November 13, 2018
- Salvation Army of Spokane kicks off holiday support programs - November 11, 2018
- POLL: The votes are in – What’s your reaction? - November 7, 2018
- A Washington state lawmaker’s notes on ‘biblical’ war threaten his re-election bid - November 5, 2018
- Faith Action Network to hold fundraiser this month at Glover Mansion - November 4, 2018
- Spokane gathers with Jewish community to honor synagogue shooting victims - October 30, 2018
- Community Vigil to be held Tuesday in response to Synagogue shooting - October 28, 2018
- Spokane Chefs Partner with Feed the Children to Help End Childhood Hunger - October 26, 2018