Compassion Games: Survival of the Kindest, is a worldwide event that encourages people in their communities to inspire one another and promote acts of compassion.
A series of Compassion Games events will take place around Spokane, beginning at 3 p.m., Sept. 9 with the Horse Massacre Healing opening ceremony at The Spokane Tribal Gathering Place, 347 N. Post St. At this event, attendees will honor the tribes and horses who suffered as the result of the 1858 Indian Horse Massacre.
Compassion Games Spokane will also be organizing service projects throughout the city.
Then, on Sept. 21 at 7 p.m. in Gonzaga’s Hemmingson Center, will be a World Peace Flag Ceremony.
- Forum, Screening to Address Interfaith Dialogue - February 15, 2019
- SpokaneFāVS Introduces “Ask A Pagan” - February 12, 2019
- Vagina Monologues Coming to Gonzaga this Week - February 11, 2019
- Austin Channing Brown, a leading voice on racial justice, coming to Whitworth - February 4, 2019
- Discuss the Future of Interfaith at the Feb. 2 Coffee Talk - February 1, 2019
- Whitworth Introduces Women’s Leadership Network - January 28, 2019
- Activist Jackson Katz coming to Spokane to talk about “What It Means To Be A Strong Man” - January 22, 2019
- Gonzaga To Host Civil Rights Teach-In on MLK Day - January 15, 2019
- Will you participate in this year’s Spokane Women’s March? - January 2, 2019
- A community vigil, fighting Islamophobia and our “Ask” features were some of the top FāVS stories of 2018 - December 31, 2018