Violence and the Sacred was the topic of the February 2013 Coffee Talk. Related posts are below.
During Spokane Faith & Values February “Coffee Talk” we discussed the issue of Violence and the Sacred. Read more.
I really enjoyed Saturday morning’s Coffee Talk with the panel and the comments of everyone there.
A further thought on God and violence. One of the common responses to the belief that God is not violent, especially among those who are not so religious, is that God must be violent because the whole universe is violent. Read more.
Can religion and violence be separated, even in a theoretical sense? Read more.
I find it interesting that there is even a question of the use of violence in context with the sacred.
- SpokaneFāVS Presents: Ask A Catholic - December 12, 2018
- December Coffee Talk: Breaking Out of Your Echo Chambers - November 30, 2018
- Journey To Bethlehem Takes Place This Weekend on South Hill - November 28, 2018
- Support FāVS, local journalism this #GivingTuesday - November 25, 2018
- Spokane Indian Community organizes Diwali Celebration - November 23, 2018
- City continues work on network of Warming Centers - November 19, 2018
- Consider Advertising With FāVS, reach a targeted, loyal audience - November 13, 2018
- Salvation Army of Spokane kicks off holiday support programs - November 11, 2018
- POLL: The votes are in – What’s your reaction? - November 7, 2018
- A Washington state lawmaker’s notes on ‘biblical’ war threaten his re-election bid - November 5, 2018