In May 2014 Coffee Talk was held at Revel 77 where a discussion on jobs and vocations took place. Read related posts below.
“Your job is to find what the world is trying to be.”
When most people think of a ‘call’ they think in terms of a call to formal ministry.
“Vocation” and “calling” are such buzz words among upperclassmen at a private, Christian liberal arts university. As a graduating senior at Whitworth University (commencement’s less than a month away now!), the constant questions my peers and I hear are “What are you doing after graduation?” and “What are you going to do with that [degree]?”
When I think of the path taken, the one that called me to the big desk in a nice church office in the oldest neighborhood of Spokane, I am struck by how many decisions came in the form of “I have to do this now, I have no other choice.”
- Visit other FāVS readers and writers at this month’s mixer - March 18, 2018
- Retreat Center offers Holy Week Retreats - March 7, 2018
- Upcoming lecture at Gonzaga to address Christian ethics and immigration - February 21, 2018
- Gonzaga Lecture: Is this Global Warming? - February 11, 2018
- A First in America: Buddhist Master Teacher coming to Sravasti for historic trainining - January 21, 2018
- Spokane Women’s March ready for second year - January 13, 2018
- Retreat examines how to love people who bug you - January 7, 2018
- FāVS year in review: Hate groups, Women’s March, “Abortion isn’t Simple” - December 31, 2017
- Local Baha’is to meet monthly in 2018 - December 29, 2017
- Ring in the new year with a cultural service at Spokane Buddhist Temple - December 26, 2017