In May 2014 Coffee Talk was held at Revel 77 where a discussion on jobs and vocations took place. Read related posts below.
“Your job is to find what the world is trying to be.”
When most people think of a ‘call’ they think in terms of a call to formal ministry.
“Vocation” and “calling” are such buzz words among upperclassmen at a private, Christian liberal arts university. As a graduating senior at Whitworth University (commencement’s less than a month away now!), the constant questions my peers and I hear are “What are you doing after graduation?” and “What are you going to do with that [degree]?”
When I think of the path taken, the one that called me to the big desk in a nice church office in the oldest neighborhood of Spokane, I am struck by how many decisions came in the form of “I have to do this now, I have no other choice.”
- Video: Restoring Trust Coffee Talk Forum - December 7, 2019
- Coffee Talk: Restoring Trust - December 6, 2019
- Raising Money for More Religion Reporting in 2020 - December 3, 2019
- Our History Is the Future: Lakota Historian Nick Estes on Thanksgiving & Indigenous Resistance - November 30, 2019
- Sravasti Abbey invites community for Sharing the Dharma Day - November 24, 2019
- Forum this week to focus on responding to white supremacy - November 19, 2019
- Show Your Love for FāVS, Become a Member - November 14, 2019
- 50% off ads on SpokaneFāVS.com - November 12, 2019
- FAN Celebrates 2nd Annual Dinner in Spokane - November 3, 2019
- Survey Gives Insight Into Current American Values - October 21, 2019