SpokaneFAVS began its monthly Coffee Talks right after the Newtown Shootings. Related posts are below.
Despite the best efforts of some in the so-called “mainstream media,” a surprising new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll published this week says that more Americans blame bad parenting and Hollywood for mass shootings than they do guns. Read more.
G.K. Chesterton taught me that lust is more powerful than reason. A human, committed to the dark desires of his heart, will trump those who call for rational sanity. Read more.
I am not a gun nut, I am an outdoorsman. Read more.
The horrible killings of last Friday in Newtown, Conn. instantly elicited a huge range of responses, as it should. Read more.
My heart is heavy and my soul enraged at the thought of beautiful children shot dead. Read more.
There are no words that will wipe clean the slate of yesterday’s senseless violence in Newtown, Conn.
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Helping Women & Children - August 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Sr. Mary Eucharista, “Hope, Peace & Healing” - August 15, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Jim Murphy “Come and See” - August 7, 2020
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Power of Words - August 1, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Heather Tadlock “Holy Agitation” - July 25, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Liv Larson Andrews, “Beautiful Tension” - July 17, 2020
- Director of Quaker Retreat Center to be Digital Guest at Friends Church - July 13, 2020
- YWCA Spokane Calls for Women of Achievement Nominations - July 9, 2020