SpokaneFAVS began its monthly Coffee Talks right after the Newtown Shootings. Related posts are below.
Despite the best efforts of some in the so-called “mainstream media,” a surprising new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll published this week says that more Americans blame bad parenting and Hollywood for mass shootings than they do guns. Read more.
G.K. Chesterton taught me that lust is more powerful than reason. A human, committed to the dark desires of his heart, will trump those who call for rational sanity. Read more.
I am not a gun nut, I am an outdoorsman. Read more.
The horrible killings of last Friday in Newtown, Conn. instantly elicited a huge range of responses, as it should. Read more.
My heart is heavy and my soul enraged at the thought of beautiful children shot dead. Read more.
There are no words that will wipe clean the slate of yesterday’s senseless violence in Newtown, Conn.
- Visit other FāVS readers and writers at this month’s mixer - March 18, 2018
- Retreat Center offers Holy Week Retreats - March 7, 2018
- Upcoming lecture at Gonzaga to address Christian ethics and immigration - February 21, 2018
- Gonzaga Lecture: Is this Global Warming? - February 11, 2018
- A First in America: Buddhist Master Teacher coming to Sravasti for historic trainining - January 21, 2018
- Spokane Women’s March ready for second year - January 13, 2018
- Retreat examines how to love people who bug you - January 7, 2018
- FāVS year in review: Hate groups, Women’s March, “Abortion isn’t Simple” - December 31, 2017
- Local Baha’is to meet monthly in 2018 - December 29, 2017
- Ring in the new year with a cultural service at Spokane Buddhist Temple - December 26, 2017