Below is video of the full discussion.
The term refers to resolving a conflict by tolerating another’s opinion, but not necessarily accepting it, which is easier said than done.
Panelists were: Rev. Katy Shedlock of Creator’s Table, The Very Rev. Heather Vandeventer, dean of St. John’s Cathedral, and FāVS writers Cassy Benefield, Neal Schindler and Gonzaga Wolff Fellow Matthew Williams.
FāVS hosts Coffee Talks regularly as a way for the community to come together to discuss issues surrounding faith and ethics.
You can help support more events like this by making a tax deductible donation below.[give_form id=”53376″ show_title=”true” display_style=”button”]
- FāVS Expands “Ask” series with Hindu and Quaker column - February 15, 2020
- The Problem With Tolerance - February 10, 2020
- Cannabis and Religion - February 5, 2020
- MLK Events Planned Throughout Region - January 19, 2020
- St. Luke’s Orthodox Celebrates Theophany with Outdoor Water Blessing - January 12, 2020
- Women’s March Continues in Spokane for 4th Year - January 9, 2020
- Creators’ Table Brings Visiting Artists To Spokane - January 3, 2020
- Top FāVS Stories and Columns of 2019 - December 31, 2019
- Religion News Association Releases top stories and newsmakers of 2019 - December 22, 2019
- Annual Chanukah Menorah Lighting to Take Place Downtown - December 18, 2019