Below is video of the full discussion.
The term refers to resolving a conflict by tolerating another’s opinion, but not necessarily accepting it, which is easier said than done.
Panelists were: Rev. Katy Shedlock of Creator’s Table, The Very Rev. Heather Vandeventer, dean of St. John’s Cathedral, and FāVS writers Cassy Benefield, Neal Schindler and Gonzaga Wolff Fellow Matthew Williams.
FāVS hosts Coffee Talks regularly as a way for the community to come together to discuss issues surrounding faith and ethics.
You can help support more events like this by making a tax deductible donation below.[give_form id=”53376″ show_title=”true” display_style=”button”]
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Helping Women & Children - August 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Sr. Mary Eucharista, “Hope, Peace & Healing” - August 15, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Jim Murphy “Come and See” - August 7, 2020
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Power of Words - August 1, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Heather Tadlock “Holy Agitation” - July 25, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Liv Larson Andrews, “Beautiful Tension” - July 17, 2020
- Director of Quaker Retreat Center to be Digital Guest at Friends Church - July 13, 2020
- YWCA Spokane Calls for Women of Achievement Nominations - July 9, 2020