CNN writer Fareed Zakaria has been announced as this year’s speaker at the Whitworth President’s Leadership Forum.
Each year, Whitworth President Beck Taylor holds the President’s Leadership Forum (PLF) to bring in speakers from around the world to discuss important issues facing Spokane’s community.
Zakaria will speak at the PLF which will be held in the Spokane Convention Center on Tuesday, Oct. 11 at 7:30 a.m.
Along with writing for CNN, Zakaria has authored multiple bestsellers including “The Post-American World” and “The Future of Freedom.” Zakaria has also received the Peabody Award for his one-on-one interviews with political leaders and heads of state.
“The event allows attendees to network with local pears and listen to the speaker give a talk and answer some questions from Whitworth President Beck A. Taylor,” Lauren Clark, Whitworth media relations manager said in a press statement.
Those interested in attending must RSVP at whitworth.edu/leadershipforum.
- Faith groups continue to advocate against Newport Smelter - June 30, 2019
- Earth Day Vigil to Address Effects of Pollution, Including Bunker Hill Mine - April 20, 2019
- Lecture to give insight into Mother Teresa - April 2, 2019
- Upcoming Conference at Gonzaga to address combating hate - March 21, 2019
- Church Clarity scores churches, including Spokane churches, on LGBT participation, women’s leadership - March 8, 2019
- The Ben Shapiro Debate: Bringing controversial speakers to faith-based universities - January 4, 2019
- Religious Leaders Applaud Washington State’s Death Penalty Ruling - December 1, 2018
- GoodGuys men’s group works with YWCA to stop domestic violence - June 24, 2018
- Campaign calls for moral revival, informational meeting set for Saturday - April 26, 2018
- World Relief organizes 400-mile bike ride to raise money for refugees - April 15, 2018