The St. Joseph Family Center will hold a celebration to honor the closing of its nonprofit counseling services.
The service will take place on Saturday, Sept. 17 starting at 11 a.m.
Attendees will be given the opportunity to take part in their liturgy service and a reception afterwards. Tours of the buildings and grounds will be held to honor the services that had been provided for 30 years.
“The decision to close SJFC was not arrived at lightly,” a press statement said. “For many years, the directors of the center have been challenged with how best to raise sufficient operational funds for the ministry to continue to help the population they serve.”
The St. Joseph Family Center is located at 1016 N. Superior St. in Spokane.
- Faith groups continue to advocate against Newport Smelter - June 30, 2019
- Earth Day Vigil to Address Effects of Pollution, Including Bunker Hill Mine - April 20, 2019
- Lecture to give insight into Mother Teresa - April 2, 2019
- Upcoming Conference at Gonzaga to address combating hate - March 21, 2019
- Church Clarity scores churches, including Spokane churches, on LGBT participation, women’s leadership - March 8, 2019
- The Ben Shapiro Debate: Bringing controversial speakers to faith-based universities - January 4, 2019
- Religious Leaders Applaud Washington State’s Death Penalty Ruling - December 1, 2018
- GoodGuys men’s group works with YWCA to stop domestic violence - June 24, 2018
- Campaign calls for moral revival, informational meeting set for Saturday - April 26, 2018
- World Relief organizes 400-mile bike ride to raise money for refugees - April 15, 2018