Personally, I think it was in poor taste and sends a tired message to the unchurched community that we are judgmental party poopers. I've never understood the anti-holiday crowd. The pagan roots folk, who have a backstory to every event in the calendar and its historic beginnings back among Druids, Mayans, Romans and the Illuminati.
There's a mindset out there among certain religious types that the goal of Christians is to show how much we are not like the others. Instead of being huge Debbie Downers, let's throw the best parties and reclaim our heritage as Festival people again.
“Everything is pure to those whose hearts are pure. But nothing is pure to those who are corrupt and unbelieving, because their minds and consciences are corrupted” -Titus 1:15
What's your take?
- 16 New Testament guiding principles on giving - October 6, 2016
- Men, Gilgamesh & the call of the Wild - September 15, 2016
- Flat Tires, Flannery O’Conner and a Bigot Barber - August 18, 2016
- Feeding the hungry unawares - August 10, 2016
- ISIS, the DNC and the Martyrdom of Father Jacques Hamel in France - July 26, 2016
- Making America Wait Again - July 19, 2016
- Viewpoints: How can faith communities help ease racial tensions? - July 18, 2016
- Are the Barbarians at the Gates? - July 15, 2016
- Churches, Gender Laws and the future of Community Development in our Cities - July 6, 2016
- Proud to be an American - July 4, 2016