The few years that I have made a New Year’s resolution, I choose something that I am really ready to change. It does no good for me, on anyone, I think, to “resolve” to do something unless I am also ready to sacrifice to make the changes necessary to achieve the goal.
The beginning of a new year is the perfect time to make a change, a new beginning, but nothing new comes easily. Change is hard. If you are going to make a New Year’s resolution, pick something that you really want to change, be ready to make the tough sacrifices needed, and THEN make your resolution. That’s how to ensure you can keep it.
- Leave the boat, face the waves and fight racism - August 16, 2017
- I’m too busy for your rules - June 2, 2017
- Most powerful woman in the Bible: The Holy Spirit - March 8, 2017
- #Resistance: A Better Strategy – Say His Name - February 7, 2017
- Soulless Nation, turn to the Bible - November 15, 2016
- Viewpoints: What is spirituality? - November 1, 2016
- Viewpoints: Is there a spiritual component to sex? - October 24, 2016
- I’m begging you: Fight on! - October 20, 2016
- Viewpoints: Colin Kaepernick and the National Anthem - September 5, 2016
- Y’all Drink Too Much: Happy Hour Faith? - July 11, 2016