On Friday night Chabad of Spokane County will host a gathering in response to the recent attack at Chabad of Poway.
“…lets get together for an evening on inspiration, prayer and reflection. Let’s unite together, the entire Jewish community and non Jewish community alike,” the organization said in an announcement. “Our response must be united in increasing acts of goodness and kindness.”
On April 27 John Earnest, 19, shot three people and killed one at Chabad-Lubavitch Center outside of San Diego. The attack happened six months after a gunman killed 11 and injured seven at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh.
The Spokane event will be at 7 p.m. at Chabad of Spokane, 4116 E 37th Ave. All are welcome, though RSVP is requested. Members of the Jewish community are encouraged to stay afterward for Shabbat evening services.
- The Lands Council To Host SpoCanopy Community Tree Planting Event - October 10, 2021
- Gonzaga Report on Catholic Sexual Abuse Crisis Recommends Next Steps, Path Forward for Healing and Justice - September 4, 2021
- We Believe We Vote Bringing Gov. Mike Huckabee to Spokane - August 29, 2021
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright to speak at Whitworth University’s President’s Leadership Forum - August 21, 2021
- Saturday Coffee Talk to be on Understanding Prayer - August 6, 2021
- $5 Million Grant Will Fund Research on How Pandemic Has Impacted Congregations - July 28, 2021
- Spokane City Council to Host Discussion on State of Immigrants and Refugees in Spokane - July 21, 2021
- YWCA Spokane to Present Roundtable Discussion: Kids, Caregivers, COVID & Trauma - July 18, 2021
- Nominations open for Eva Lassman Take Action Against Hate Awards - July 12, 2021
- Video: Coffee Talk on Faith and Technology - June 5, 2021