On Friday night Chabad of Spokane County will host a gathering in response to the recent attack at Chabad of Poway.
“…lets get together for an evening on inspiration, prayer and reflection. Let’s unite together, the entire Jewish community and non Jewish community alike,” the organization said in an announcement. “Our response must be united in increasing acts of goodness and kindness.”
On April 27 John Earnest, 19, shot three people and killed one at Chabad-Lubavitch Center outside of San Diego. The attack happened six months after a gunman killed 11 and injured seven at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh.
The Spokane event will be at 7 p.m. at Chabad of Spokane, 4116 E 37th Ave. All are welcome, though RSVP is requested. Members of the Jewish community are encouraged to stay afterward for Shabbat evening services.
- Q&A: Council President Candidates Answer Questions About Faith, Ethics - August 2, 2019
- FāVS Coffee Talk Aug. 3 To Address Refugees in Spokane - August 2, 2019
- POEM: Mother Earth - July 22, 2019
- Come See FāVS Center — Spokane’s New Interfaith Community Center — At June 22 Open House - June 21, 2019
- VIDEO: Stewardship and FāVS Center - May 28, 2019
- VIDEO: Update on FāVS Center - May 23, 2019
- Final Phase of Funding Needed to Open Interfaith Center in Spokane - May 21, 2019
- Group plans to protest abortion-ban today in downtown Spokane - May 21, 2019
- YWCA Spokane Calls for 2019 Women of Achievement Nominations - May 18, 2019
- Vigil Tuesday aims to “Heal Spokane Valley’s Image” - May 13, 2019