On Friday night Chabad of Spokane County will host a gathering in response to the recent attack at Chabad of Poway.
“…lets get together for an evening on inspiration, prayer and reflection. Let’s unite together, the entire Jewish community and non Jewish community alike,” the organization said in an announcement. “Our response must be united in increasing acts of goodness and kindness.”
On April 27 John Earnest, 19, shot three people and killed one at Chabad-Lubavitch Center outside of San Diego. The attack happened six months after a gunman killed 11 and injured seven at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh.
The Spokane event will be at 7 p.m. at Chabad of Spokane, 4116 E 37th Ave. All are welcome, though RSVP is requested. Members of the Jewish community are encouraged to stay afterward for Shabbat evening services.
- Video: Restoring Trust Coffee Talk Forum - December 7, 2019
- Coffee Talk: Restoring Trust - December 6, 2019
- Raising Money for More Religion Reporting in 2020 - December 3, 2019
- Our History Is the Future: Lakota Historian Nick Estes on Thanksgiving & Indigenous Resistance - November 30, 2019
- Sravasti Abbey invites community for Sharing the Dharma Day - November 24, 2019
- Forum this week to focus on responding to white supremacy - November 19, 2019
- Show Your Love for FāVS, Become a Member - November 14, 2019
- 50% off ads on SpokaneFāVS.com - November 12, 2019
- FAN Celebrates 2nd Annual Dinner in Spokane - November 3, 2019
- Survey Gives Insight Into Current American Values - October 21, 2019