On Friday night Chabad of Spokane County will host a gathering in response to the recent attack at Chabad of Poway.
“…lets get together for an evening on inspiration, prayer and reflection. Let’s unite together, the entire Jewish community and non Jewish community alike,” the organization said in an announcement. “Our response must be united in increasing acts of goodness and kindness.”
On April 27 John Earnest, 19, shot three people and killed one at Chabad-Lubavitch Center outside of San Diego. The attack happened six months after a gunman killed 11 and injured seven at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh.
The Spokane event will be at 7 p.m. at Chabad of Spokane, 4116 E 37th Ave. All are welcome, though RSVP is requested. Members of the Jewish community are encouraged to stay afterward for Shabbat evening services.
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Deadline Approaching May 12 - May 8, 2021
- Take This FāVS Survey & You Could Win a FāVS T-Shirt - April 23, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions” - April 5, 2021
- Rally To Be Held in Downtown Spokane Saturday “To Stop Asian Hate” - March 19, 2021
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021
- Temple Beth Shalom Vandalized with Swastikas - February 8, 2021
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020