By Hannah McCollum
For those curious about Buddhism, Sharing the Dharma Day is the perfect opportunity to visit Sravasti Abbey, experience fellowship and explore the Buddha’s teachings. The next Sharing the Dharma Day will be held this Sunday, April 8 from 9:45 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
At a typical Sharing the Dharma Day, Venerable Thubten Chodron, founder and abbess of the Abbey, will speak on a topic from her book “An Open-Hearted Life,” co-authored with psychologist Russell Kolts. There will be a Dharma discussion and potluck, for which visitors are asked to contribute a vegetarian dish.
This meeting will be special because there will be a celebration to end the Abbey’s winter retreat. Lama Chopa Puja is a traditional ceremony in Tibetan Buddhism to celebrate and make offerings.
To learn more, visit Sravasti Abbey’s website or call their office at (509) 447-5549. The Abbey is located at 692 Country Lane in Newport, Washington.
- An alumna responds to Whitworth’s high rankings by College Consensus - June 7, 2018
- Fun and games at Dads and Dudes Night, May 12 - April 23, 2018
- Celebrate “Sharing the Dharma Day” at Sravasti Abbey, April 8 - April 7, 2018
- UW School of Medicine and GU present free lecture on “The Opioid Epidemic,” April 19 - April 4, 2018
- Tarana Burke founder of Me Too movement and Journalist Ronan Farrow to speak at Gonzaga - March 11, 2018
- “Around the World in Four Days” cooking camp for kids offered at Second Harvest - March 4, 2018
- BachFest concert finale at St. John’s Cathedral, March 11 - February 19, 2018
- Author of “Black Spokane” to Present African American History Month Lecture at Whitworth University - January 23, 2018