On Saturday, Oct. 12, from 1-3 p.m., the St. Ann and St. Aloysius Immigration Committee invites the community to their event, “Prayerful Witness: Walking in Solidarity with Immigrants.”
The gathering will take place at the Westminster Congregational United Church of Christ (411 S. Washington Street).
Those attending will hear stories from members of the region’s Faith Leaders and Leaders of Conscience and the St. Ann and St. Aloysius Immigration Committee, John Culton, the Eastern Washington Director of Senator Patty Murray’s office, and stories from immigrants.
“Migrants and refugees are not pawns on the chessboard of humanity,” according to a quote by Pope Francis on the event’s flyer. “They are children, women, and men who leave or are forced to leave their homes for various reasons, who share a legitimate desire for knowing and having, but above all for being more.”
Your financial support allows FāVS to continue to publish news briefs like this. Please consider making a donation today.
- Catholic Parishes Invite Community to Prayerful Witness Event for Immigrants - October 1, 2019
- World Homeless Day Summit Will Discuss Realities and Solutions to Spokane’s Homelessness - September 28, 2019
- 40 Days for Life’s Fall Prayer Vigil to End Abortion Begins This Week - September 23, 2019
- Christopher Yuan, author of “Holy Sexuality and the Gospel,” Comes to Spokane for Path of Life Fall Event - September 11, 2019
- Christopher Yuan Talks about the Evangelical Christian Church’s Witness to the LGBTQ+ Community - September 11, 2019
- Poor People’s Campaign Organizes Task Force in Spokane - September 5, 2019
- In Defense of a Literal Bible Interpretation Part 3: The Literal Interpretation of Adam and Eve - August 24, 2019
- In Defense of a Literal Bible Interpretation Part 2: What It Is and Why It’s the Best Method for the Christian - August 17, 2019
- In Defense of a Literal Bible Interpretation Part 1: Intro and A Little of My Story - August 10, 2019
- I Will Not Look Away - June 29, 2019