Today until 5:30 p.m. a handful of women from across Eastern Washington will be fasting at Riverfront Park to demonstrate to Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers that “she must act immediately to end family separations and bring fair immigration reform to a vote in the House.”
OneAmerica, Mecha and SEIU are joining in the day of fasting to support comprehensive immigration form. This is one of dozens of coordinates women’s actions taking place in 20 states across the U.S., as well in Mexico City, according to a press release.
“The actions will demonstrate women’s hunger for reform as well as their political power: women and children make up three-quarters of all immigrants, women make up the majority of the electorate, and an overwhelming majority (nearly 70 percent) of women support immigration reform with a pathway to citizenship,” OneAmerican reports.
- August Coffee Talk to be on Understanding Prayer - July 22, 2021
- Spokane City Council to Host Discussion on State of Immigrants and Refugees in Spokane - July 21, 2021
- YWCA Spokane to Present Roundtable Discussion: Kids, Caregivers, COVID & Trauma - July 18, 2021
- Nominations open for Eva Lassman Take Action Against Hate Awards - July 12, 2021
- Video: Coffee Talk on Faith and Technology - June 5, 2021
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Deadline Approaching May 12 - May 8, 2021
- Take This FāVS Survey & You Could Win a FāVS T-Shirt - April 23, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions” - April 5, 2021
- Rally To Be Held in Downtown Spokane Saturday “To Stop Asian Hate” - March 19, 2021
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021