University of Colorado’s Professor of Communications and Associate Vice Chancellor for Diversity and Inclusion Brenda Allen will present “Communicating Difference Matters” on Sept. 30 at 7 p.m., in Weyerhaeuser Hall’s Robinson Teaching Theatre at Whitworth University.
“In this time of rapidly changing demographics and dissolution of social barriers, we must learn to value difference and recognize that difference matters if we are to produce citizens who can compete in a diverse global market economy and who have the capacity to honor God, follow Christ, and serve humanity,” Lawrence Burnley, Whitworth’s assistant vice president for diversity and intercultural relations said in a press release. “Brenda Allen’s work, voice, and extraordinary insights will make a significant contribution to Whitworth’s and the Spokane region’s growth in the area of intercultural competency in education and beyond.”
In addition to working at the University of Colorado, Allen has written numerous publications, including Difference Matters: Communicating Social Identity. She specializes in organizational communication, the study of interaction and dialogue within organizational contexts.
The lecture is free and open to the public.
- Come See FāVS Center — Spokane’s New Interfaith Community Center — At June 22 Open House - June 21, 2019
- VIDEO: Stewardship and FāVS Center - May 28, 2019
- VIDEO: Update on FāVS Center - May 23, 2019
- Final Phase of Funding Needed to Open Interfaith Center in Spokane - May 21, 2019
- Group plans to protest abortion-ban today in downtown Spokane - May 21, 2019
- YWCA Spokane Calls for 2019 Women of Achievement Nominations - May 18, 2019
- Vigil Tuesday aims to “Heal Spokane Valley’s Image” - May 13, 2019
- Chabad Spokane to Host Evening of Prayer & Reflection for Poway Shooting - May 2, 2019
- LDS Temple To Be Built in Moses Lake - April 28, 2019
- YWCA Spokane Joins National Stand Against Racism Event - April 23, 2019