For the fourth time in five years, Whitworth University was named a top school in the country on CollegesofDistincton.com, an online guide that takes a fresh look at colleges and universities appealing to students’ unique and varied interests. Based on the opinions of guidance counselors, educators, and admissions professionals, Colleges of Distinction honors colleges excelling in key areas of educational quality, according to a news release.
In order to qualify as a College of Distinction, Whitworth was required to demonstrate excellence in the four distinctions: engaged students, great teaching, vibrant communities, and successful outcomes.
“Whitworth University is a true College of Distinction,” said Tyson Schritter, executive editor of Colleges of Distinction in a news release. “With its beautiful campus and 30 international study-abroad options, Whitworth is a wonderful place for students to learn who they are and what they want to be. Students are challenged with both Christian and secular scholarship and become compassionate, dedicated self-thinkers.”
The university was also recognized by The Princeton Review as a “Best in the West” university in the review’s 2012 Best Colleges: Region by Region guide. In 2011-12 Whitworth was named a top producer of students who received Fulbright Awards. In U.S. News & World Report’s list of 115 best private colleges and universities in the region, Whitworth ranked ninth.
- Q&A: Council President Candidates Answer Questions About Faith, Ethics - August 2, 2019
- FāVS Coffee Talk Aug. 3 To Address Refugees in Spokane - August 2, 2019
- POEM: Mother Earth - July 22, 2019
- Come See FāVS Center — Spokane’s New Interfaith Community Center — At June 22 Open House - June 21, 2019
- VIDEO: Stewardship and FāVS Center - May 28, 2019
- VIDEO: Update on FāVS Center - May 23, 2019
- Final Phase of Funding Needed to Open Interfaith Center in Spokane - May 21, 2019
- Group plans to protest abortion-ban today in downtown Spokane - May 21, 2019
- YWCA Spokane Calls for 2019 Women of Achievement Nominations - May 18, 2019
- Vigil Tuesday aims to “Heal Spokane Valley’s Image” - May 13, 2019