Temple Beth Shalom’s 72nd Kosher Dinner will be held March 10 from 11 a.m to 6 p.m. and Spokane community is invited to be a part of the annual event, which draws in thousands of guests.
Each year, Kosher Dinner guests enjoy an authentic kosher beef brisket dinner including appetizers, traditional Jewish side dishes, and desserts. Live entertainment in the TBS sanctuary is also provided. Take-out is available for those not able to stay for the full dinner, according to a press release.
After dinner, guests have the opportunity to visit the TBS Del-Bar where they can purchase homemade baked goods. The gift shop will also be open. There, guests can find unique items, hand-made jewelry, books, ceramic décor, traditional Judaica and gifts.
According to a press release, “Everyone is invited to get a glimpse into Jewish life in Spokane.”
The tradition that would become the Kosher Dinner began the year before the United States entered WWII and it continues to this day. The first Kosher Dinner was held in the synagogue basement for 200 guests. Today, the entire Jewish community welcomes over 2,000 guests.
Guests are encouraged to buy tickets early, as the event tends to be a sell-out.
General Admission is $16 at the door or $14 in advance. For children 11 years old and under tickets are $9 at the door or $7 in advance.
Tickets are available at:
• Huppin’s Hi-Fi Photo and Video – 421 W. Main Ave.
• New Moon Family Wellness Center – 906 S. Cowley
• Manito Ship & Copy – 3030 S. Grand Blvd.
• Pawn 1 North – 8014 N. Division St.
• Pawn 1 Post Falls – 2427 E. Seltice Way
• Pawn 1 Valley – 11812 E. Sprague Ave.
• Rosauers – 2610 E. 29th Ave.
• Super 1 Foods – 830 E. 29th Ave.
• On-line at www.spokanetbs.org
• Tickets will be available at the door on the day of the dinner.
- YWCA Spokane Calls for Women of Achievement Nominations - July 9, 2020
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Value of Human Connection” - June 5, 2020
- Inslee Issues Guidelines for Resuming Religious Services in Spokane - May 28, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Rabbi Tamar Malino “Full Life Cycle” - May 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Pastor Joe Wittwer “When Life Gives You Lemons” - May 16, 2020
- Thank you donors! - May 10, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: A Hope-filled People - May 8, 2020
- PJALS to host Anti-Asian Racism: Bystander Intervention Training Tonight - May 6, 2020
- Show your love for FāVS on this #GivingNewsDay - May 5, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Reflections and Hope - May 2, 2020