General Admission tickets are $10. Tickets for students and seniors are $7.
There will also be a Saturday evening Reception & Film on March 29 for $25, or film only for $10 / $7.
Ballad of the Weeping Spring, March 27, 7:30 p.m
In this unusual movie which pays overt homage to “The Magnificent Seven,” the noted Israeli actor Uri Gavriel plays Jossef Tawila, a legendary musician whose career ended after a tragic accident. 20 years later, after receiving some sad news, Yosef decides to reunite the remaining members of his band to help a friend—and perhaps to heal his own tortured soul. The plot is a timeless fable, and the film overflows with gorgeous, haunting, original Middle Eastern music played on authentic instruments.
Bethlehem, March 29, 7 p.m Reception – 8 p.m Film
This cutting-edge film tells the story of the complex relationship between an Israeli Secret Service officer and his teenage Palestinian informant. Shuttling back and forth between conflicting points of view, the film is a raw portrayal of characters torn apart by competing loyalties and impossible moral dilemmas, giving an unparalleled glimpse into the dark and fascinating world of human intelligence.
Broadway Musicals: A Jewish Legacy, March 30, 7:30 p.m
Engaging, humorous, and provocative, “Broadway Musicals: A Jewish Legacy” examines the unique role of Jewish composers and lyricists in the creation of the modern American musical. The film showcases the work of legends such as Irving Berlin, Jerome Kern, George and Ira Gershwin, Lorenz Hart, Richard Rodgers, Oscar Hammerstein II, Leonard Bernstein, and Stephen Sondheim. Interviews with songwriters and luminaries including Sheldon Harnick, Stephen Schwartz, Harold Prince, Arthur Laurents, Charles Strouse, and Mel Brooks provide insight, alongside standout performances and archival footage.
- Join FāVS for a Mixer March 3 at Whistle Punk Brewing - February 24, 2020
- FāVS Expands “Ask” series with Hindu and Quaker column - February 15, 2020
- The Problem With Tolerance - February 10, 2020
- Cannabis and Religion - February 5, 2020
- MLK Events Planned Throughout Region - January 19, 2020
- St. Luke’s Orthodox Celebrates Theophany with Outdoor Water Blessing - January 12, 2020
- Women’s March Continues in Spokane for 4th Year - January 9, 2020
- Creators’ Table Brings Visiting Artists To Spokane - January 3, 2020
- Top FāVS Stories and Columns of 2019 - December 31, 2019
- Religion News Association Releases top stories and newsmakers of 2019 - December 22, 2019