According to the Associated Press, Hamas leader and nearby civilians were killed today in one of at least 20 Israeli airstrikes on the Gaza Strip.
The news report called it, “The worst barrage on the Palestinian territory in four years in retaliation for renewed rocket fire on southern Israel.”
At least 10 people have been killed, including two children. The death toll is expected to rise.
The Peace and Justice Action League of Spokane is responding by urging citizens to “call on the Obama administration to exert diplomatic pressure on Israel to bring about an immediate cease-fire and to initiate an investigation of Israel's misuse of U.S. weapons against Palestinians in this and previous attacks.”
In Spokane, advocates are planning a rally on Main and Division at 5 p.m.
More information is available on the group's Facebook page.
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions” - April 5, 2021
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Open to Local Artists - March 28, 2021
- Rally To Be Held in Downtown Spokane Saturday “To Stop Asian Hate” - March 19, 2021
- FāVS Survey: 10 Questions To Helps Us Get to Know Our Readers - March 7, 2021
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021
- Temple Beth Shalom Vandalized with Swastikas - February 8, 2021
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020