Venerable Thubten Chodron, founder and abbess of Sravasti Abbey, will explain how stirring feelings can poison happiness when she will speak at the Abbey’s Sharing the Dharma Day on Sunday, according to a press release
The day-long event — including guided meditation, Chodron’s talk, a vegetarian potluck lunch and after lunch discussion—begins at 9:45 a.m. and ends at 3 p.m.
Sharing the Dharma Day is offered monthly as an open house invitation for people of all faiths and backgrounds to visit and learn more about Buddhism. Dress is casual. Guests are invited to bring a vegetarian lunch item to share.
For 2013, topics for Sharing the Dharma Day are drawn from the new book, “Don’t Believe Everything You Think“, written by Chodron.
There is no charge for events at the Abbey, and offerings — of food for the community and/or financial gifts — are always welcome, according to a press release.
Sravasti Abbey is located at 692 Country Lane near Newport. For more information and directions call 509-447-5549 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Taking a Risk for Love - September 19, 2022
- VIDEO – Coffee Talk: Responding To Hate & Violence, Part 2 - August 7, 2022
- Now Hiring: Freelance Reporters - August 2, 2022
- Seeking Local Human Rights Champions - July 26, 2022
- Gonzaga offers $500 prize to person or organization countering hatred￼ - July 23, 2022
- VIDEO! Pop up Coffee Talk: Roe v Wade & Scotus – How my Faith Tells me to Respond - July 20, 2022
- How one church is staying “Grounded” - June 28, 2022
- Some Celebrate, Some Vow to Fight Back: Spokane Responds to Reversal of Roe V. Wade - June 24, 2022
- I am learning that ‘being’ is more compelling than ‘doing’ - May 16, 2022
- A tribute to my source, and friend, Pastor Andy CastroLang, who will retire this year - April 18, 2022