Sravasti Abbey will resume its monthly Sharing the Dharma Day on March 10.
The day's topic, ““Precious Human Life and How to Use It Wisely,” will focus on teachings from Abbess Venerable Thubten Chodron's latest book, “Don't Believe Everything You Think,” which is a contemporary commentary on a well-loved text of the Tibetan tradition that teaches how to transform life’s ups and downs into material for spiritual awakening.
The event will also include a guided meditation, a vegetarian potluck and a facilitated discussion.
The first session begins at 9:45 a.m.
There is no charge, though offerings — of food for the community and/or financial gifts — are welcome.
For information call 509-447-5549 or email email@example.com.
- Upcoming Coffee Talk: The State of Religion Reporting Today - November 28, 2021
- A new aspect of the Tarot boom: Diversity in the deck - November 13, 2021
- The Lands Council To Host SpoCanopy Community Tree Planting Event - October 10, 2021
- Gonzaga Report on Catholic Sexual Abuse Crisis Recommends Next Steps, Path Forward for Healing and Justice - September 4, 2021
- We Believe We Vote Bringing Gov. Mike Huckabee to Spokane - August 29, 2021
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright to speak at Whitworth University’s President’s Leadership Forum - August 21, 2021
- Saturday Coffee Talk to be on Understanding Prayer - August 6, 2021
- $5 Million Grant Will Fund Research on How Pandemic Has Impacted Congregations - July 28, 2021
- Spokane City Council to Host Discussion on State of Immigrants and Refugees in Spokane - July 21, 2021
- YWCA Spokane to Present Roundtable Discussion: Kids, Caregivers, COVID & Trauma - July 18, 2021