Rev. James K. Voiss, S.J. has been appointed rector of the Gonzaga University Jesuit Community to succeed Fr. Steve Kuder, S.J. later this summer, Gonzaga President Thayne McCulloh announced.
Voiss joined Gonzaga in January 2013 as assistant vice president for mission, and has worked since that time in faculty and staff development as it relates to Gonzaga’s Jesuit mission. He has written a soon-to-be-published book on Christian forgiveness and taught this past spring in Gonzaga’s religious studies department. Voiss will continue his work with the Office of Mission in addition to serving as rector, according to a press release.
Previously, Voiss spent 14 years at Saint Louis University as an associate professor of theology, teaching both undergraduate and graduate courses. He holds a bachelor’s degree in philosophy (Magna Cum Laude) from Gonzaga; a master’s of divinity and an S.T.L. in systematic theology from Weston School of Theology in Cambridge, Mass.; and both a master’s and a Ph.D. in theology from the University of Notre Dame.
- Come See FāVS Center — Spokane’s New Interfaith Community Center — At June 22 Open House - June 21, 2019
- VIDEO: Stewardship and FāVS Center - May 28, 2019
- VIDEO: Update on FāVS Center - May 23, 2019
- Final Phase of Funding Needed to Open Interfaith Center in Spokane - May 21, 2019
- Group plans to protest abortion-ban today in downtown Spokane - May 21, 2019
- YWCA Spokane Calls for 2019 Women of Achievement Nominations - May 18, 2019
- Vigil Tuesday aims to “Heal Spokane Valley’s Image” - May 13, 2019
- Chabad Spokane to Host Evening of Prayer & Reflection for Poway Shooting - May 2, 2019
- LDS Temple To Be Built in Moses Lake - April 28, 2019
- YWCA Spokane Joins National Stand Against Racism Event - April 23, 2019