Rev. James K. Voiss, S.J. has been appointed rector of the Gonzaga University Jesuit Community to succeed Fr. Steve Kuder, S.J. later this summer, Gonzaga President Thayne McCulloh announced.
Voiss joined Gonzaga in January 2013 as assistant vice president for mission, and has worked since that time in faculty and staff development as it relates to Gonzaga’s Jesuit mission. He has written a soon-to-be-published book on Christian forgiveness and taught this past spring in Gonzaga’s religious studies department. Voiss will continue his work with the Office of Mission in addition to serving as rector, according to a press release.
Previously, Voiss spent 14 years at Saint Louis University as an associate professor of theology, teaching both undergraduate and graduate courses. He holds a bachelor’s degree in philosophy (Magna Cum Laude) from Gonzaga; a master’s of divinity and an S.T.L. in systematic theology from Weston School of Theology in Cambridge, Mass.; and both a master’s and a Ph.D. in theology from the University of Notre Dame.
- Inslee Issues Guidelines for Resuming Religious Services in Spokane - May 28, 2020
- June Coffee Talk “The Value of Human Connection” - May 25, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Rabbi Tamar Malino “Full Life Cycle” - May 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Pastor Joe Wittwer “When Life Gives You Lemons” - May 16, 2020
- Thank you donors! - May 10, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: A Hope-filled People - May 8, 2020
- PJALS to host Anti-Asian Racism: Bystander Intervention Training Tonight - May 6, 2020
- Show your love for FāVS on this #GivingNewsDay - May 5, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Reflections and Hope - May 2, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Children and Music First - April 25, 2020