Rev. James K. Voiss, S.J. has been appointed rector of the Gonzaga University Jesuit Community to succeed Fr. Steve Kuder, S.J. later this summer, Gonzaga President Thayne McCulloh announced.
Voiss joined Gonzaga in January 2013 as assistant vice president for mission, and has worked since that time in faculty and staff development as it relates to Gonzaga’s Jesuit mission. He has written a soon-to-be-published book on Christian forgiveness and taught this past spring in Gonzaga’s religious studies department. Voiss will continue his work with the Office of Mission in addition to serving as rector, according to a press release.
Previously, Voiss spent 14 years at Saint Louis University as an associate professor of theology, teaching both undergraduate and graduate courses. He holds a bachelor’s degree in philosophy (Magna Cum Laude) from Gonzaga; a master’s of divinity and an S.T.L. in systematic theology from Weston School of Theology in Cambridge, Mass.; and both a master’s and a Ph.D. in theology from the University of Notre Dame.
- Annual Compassion Games Kicks off This Month in Spokane - September 1, 2019
- Unity Churches To Celebrate Annual World Day of Prayer - August 29, 2019
- Two Faith Groups Call for Shea’s Resignation - August 23, 2019
- Q&A: Council President Candidates Answer Questions About Faith, Ethics - August 2, 2019
- FāVS Coffee Talk Aug. 3 To Address Refugees in Spokane - August 2, 2019
- POEM: Mother Earth - July 22, 2019
- Come See FāVS Center — Spokane’s New Interfaith Community Center — At June 22 Open House - June 21, 2019
- VIDEO: Stewardship and FāVS Center - May 28, 2019
- VIDEO: Update on FāVS Center - May 23, 2019
- Final Phase of Funding Needed to Open Interfaith Center in Spokane - May 21, 2019