Sravasti Abbey invites young adults ages 18 to 29 to explore the Buddha’s teachings within American culture during its annual Come and See: Young Adults Explore Buddhism program. No meditation experience is necessary; just an open and curious mind/heart, according to a press release.
The course will be June 24 through July 1 and includes meditation instructions and practice, teachings, dharma discussions and working outdoors in gardens, meadows and woodlands in northeastern Washington. Click here for a detailed program description.
A dana offering and registration form are requested to reserve your place for the retreat. Click here to download the registration form.
Retreatants should arrive by 5 p.m. on June 24 and stay through lunch on the following Monday.
- Taking a Risk for Love - September 19, 2022
- VIDEO – Coffee Talk: Responding To Hate & Violence, Part 2 - August 7, 2022
- Now Hiring: Freelance Reporters - August 2, 2022
- Seeking Local Human Rights Champions - July 26, 2022
- Gonzaga offers $500 prize to person or organization countering hatred￼ - July 23, 2022
- VIDEO! Pop up Coffee Talk: Roe v Wade & Scotus – How my Faith Tells me to Respond - July 20, 2022
- How one church is staying “Grounded” - June 28, 2022
- Some Celebrate, Some Vow to Fight Back: Spokane Responds to Reversal of Roe V. Wade - June 24, 2022
- I am learning that ‘being’ is more compelling than ‘doing’ - May 16, 2022
- A tribute to my source, and friend, Pastor Andy CastroLang, who will retire this year - April 18, 2022