Immaculate Heart Retreat Center’s Weekend Grief Retreat entitled “Life after Loss” will be held on Nov. 14-16. This retreat will be lead by Lori DeRoche, RN.
According to a press release from the retreat center, “Grief is a normal and natural reaction to a loss. Yet, it is one of the most misunderstood experiences. Our society leaves us totally unprepared and uneducated for these inevitable occurrences. Some of which include: Death of a loved one, including a pet, End of a marital relationships, Major health issues, Miscarriage, or Major financial challenges these life changing events can and do effect our being. Lori will provide an atmosphere to build awareness and recovery from grief that give participants hope that there is Life after Loss.”
DeRoche, registered nurse and educator has earned certification in Grief Recovery from the Grief Recovery Institute. She has implemented this tool through her own grief journey and has helped others who have experienced loss move through their grief and move forward to live healthy and happy lives, according to the news release.
The weekend begins after dinner on Friday at 6 p.m. and extends through lunch on Sunday. Retreat cost is $185 for singles or $280 for couples and $100 for commuters. Register by calling (509) 448-1224, or at www.ihrc.net. Early registration is recommended.
- MLK Events Planned Throughout Region - January 19, 2020
- St. Luke’s Orthodox Celebrates Theophany with Outdoor Water Blessing - January 12, 2020
- Women’s March Continues in Spokane for 4th Year - January 9, 2020
- Creators’ Table Brings Visiting Artists To Spokane - January 3, 2020
- Top FāVS Stories and Columns of 2019 - December 31, 2019
- Religion News Association Releases top stories and newsmakers of 2019 - December 22, 2019
- Annual Chanukah Menorah Lighting to Take Place Downtown - December 18, 2019
- Moran UMC continues “Pub Theology” - December 15, 2019
- North Dakota county votes to take limited number of refugees - December 11, 2019
- Video: Restoring Trust Coffee Talk Forum - December 7, 2019