Immaculate Heart Retreat Center’s Weekend Grief Retreat entitled “Life after Loss” will be held on Nov. 14-16. This retreat will be lead by Lori DeRoche, RN.
According to a press release from the retreat center, “Grief is a normal and natural reaction to a loss. Yet, it is one of the most misunderstood experiences. Our society leaves us totally unprepared and uneducated for these inevitable occurrences. Some of which include: Death of a loved one, including a pet, End of a marital relationships, Major health issues, Miscarriage, or Major financial challenges these life changing events can and do effect our being. Lori will provide an atmosphere to build awareness and recovery from grief that give participants hope that there is Life after Loss.”
DeRoche, registered nurse and educator has earned certification in Grief Recovery from the Grief Recovery Institute. She has implemented this tool through her own grief journey and has helped others who have experienced loss move through their grief and move forward to live healthy and happy lives, according to the news release.
The weekend begins after dinner on Friday at 6 p.m. and extends through lunch on Sunday. Retreat cost is $185 for singles or $280 for couples and $100 for commuters. Register by calling (509) 448-1224, or at www.ihrc.net. Early registration is recommended.
- Two Faith Groups Call for Shea’s Resignation - August 23, 2019
- Q&A: Council President Candidates Answer Questions About Faith, Ethics - August 2, 2019
- FāVS Coffee Talk Aug. 3 To Address Refugees in Spokane - August 2, 2019
- POEM: Mother Earth - July 22, 2019
- Come See FāVS Center — Spokane’s New Interfaith Community Center — At June 22 Open House - June 21, 2019
- VIDEO: Stewardship and FāVS Center - May 28, 2019
- VIDEO: Update on FāVS Center - May 23, 2019
- Final Phase of Funding Needed to Open Interfaith Center in Spokane - May 21, 2019
- Group plans to protest abortion-ban today in downtown Spokane - May 21, 2019
- YWCA Spokane Calls for 2019 Women of Achievement Nominations - May 18, 2019