Moody Bible Institute-Spokane will be offering Bachelor of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) courses this fall.
Though formal entrance into the newly approved program won't begin until the 2014-2015 academic year, qualified students may enter the school as early as this fall and take courses leading toward the fully accredited four-year Bachelor of Arts degree, formally changing majors next year. Campus Dean Jack Lewis said enrollment is limited.
He explained that The TESOL program is designed to equip and train students to become effective teachers in a wide range of ministry contexts for teaching English.
However, the Washington Student Achievement Council notes, “This program is not intended to lead to teacher certification. Teachers are advised to contact their individual school districts as to whether this program may qualify for salary advancement.”
Courses offered this fall include all first year program requirements, as well as:
- Introduction to TESOL
- Introduction to Language and Phonetics and Teaching
- Learning, Speaking, Reading and Writing TESOL
For information call (509) 487-1769.
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021
- Temple Beth Shalom Vandalized with Swastikas - February 8, 2021
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Helping Women & Children - August 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Sr. Mary Eucharista, “Hope, Peace & Healing” - August 15, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Jim Murphy “Come and See” - August 7, 2020
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Power of Words - August 1, 2020