Are you bothered by patriarchy, racism, classism, homophobia, corporatism and the destruction of our planet? Were you excited about the recent reclamation of the City Council from conservatives? Only to be confused by Cathy McMorris-Rodgers, Focus on the Family trailers and billboards promoting Islamaphobic lecture series? You aren’t alone. For those of us that are fighting to make the world a better place, the struggle against injustice can feel exhausting.
Recognizing that we must continue to reject all forms of human rights abuses, to struggle for the development of a democratic society and the strengthening of a civil society, local progressives will gather at nYne Bar & Bistro on Feb. 13th at 9 p.m. There will be no cover charge for DJ Teej. Come to where social justice meets your social life.
There is no agenda for the evening. It is said, “The people that play together, stay together.” Let us heed this advice and build power in our community through friendship and good times.
- Holy Trinity, Sunnyside helps build cathedral in South Sudan - March 7, 2014
- BRIEF: Local progressives to hold Activist Night - February 12, 2014
- We need a budget that prioritizes working families, the middle class - December 16, 2013
- Reflections on Baumgartner’s community gathering - December 11, 2013
- Allow for practical partnerships - November 25, 2013
- What does the Affordable Care Act have to do with the continued government shutdown? - October 13, 2013
- 100713 quote - October 7, 2013
- Ethically, what businesses should we support? - October 4, 2013
- Money, ethics and the U.S. government shutdown - October 2, 2013
- I turn to friends, family - September 23, 2013