On Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon a group of Spokane residents will rally at Riverfront Park to rally for immigration reform.
According to the group's Facebook page, the purpose of the gathering is to “to stand in solidarity with the families and individuals who are separated from their families due to detentions and/or deportations.”
“Together we will advocate and send a message to Congress,” they write, “We want a vote on citizenship now!”
Local leaders, including the Rev. Todd Eklof of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Spokane, will be speaking at the event.
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Helping Women & Children - August 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Sr. Mary Eucharista, “Hope, Peace & Healing” - August 15, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Jim Murphy “Come and See” - August 7, 2020
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Power of Words - August 1, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Heather Tadlock “Holy Agitation” - July 25, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Liv Larson Andrews, “Beautiful Tension” - July 17, 2020
- Director of Quaker Retreat Center to be Digital Guest at Friends Church - July 13, 2020
- YWCA Spokane Calls for Women of Achievement Nominations - July 9, 2020