On Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon a group of Spokane residents will rally at Riverfront Park to rally for immigration reform.
According to the group's Facebook page, the purpose of the gathering is to “to stand in solidarity with the families and individuals who are separated from their families due to detentions and/or deportations.”
“Together we will advocate and send a message to Congress,” they write, “We want a vote on citizenship now!”
Local leaders, including the Rev. Todd Eklof of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Spokane, will be speaking at the event.
- Video: Coffee Talk on Faith and Technology - June 5, 2021
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Deadline Approaching May 12 - May 8, 2021
- Take This FāVS Survey & You Could Win a FāVS T-Shirt - April 23, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions” - April 5, 2021
- Rally To Be Held in Downtown Spokane Saturday “To Stop Asian Hate” - March 19, 2021
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021
- Temple Beth Shalom Vandalized with Swastikas - February 8, 2021
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020