As part of its 125th Anniversary celebration, Gonzaga University has launched a new series of free faculty lectures titled “Transformation Cafes,” which will be presented in neighborhood venues.
According to a press release, this is a way for the university to bring scholars into the community to, “share knowledge, perspectives and the joy of learning with more residents.”
Upcoming Transformation Cafes are listed below:
Walking the Talk of Leadership. Features JoAnn Barbour, associate professor in Gonzaga’s Doctoral Program in Leadership Studies. Friday, March 1 at 6 p.m. at the E.J. Roberts Mansion, 1923 W. 1st Ave.
Humans as Cultural Animals: Implications for Psychological Diversity Between East and West. Features Vinai Norasakkunkit, assistant professor of psychology. Sunday, March 3 at 10 a.m. at Forza Coffee South Hill, 2829 E. 29th Ave.
Does Student Testing Improve Education in America? Features Elaine Radmer, lecturer of educational leadership & administration. Saturday, March 23 at 10 a.m. at Indaba Coffee, 1425 W. Broadway Ave.
Shakespeare (and others) in the Material World. Features Heather Easterling, associate professor of English. Sunday, April 21 at 4 p.m. at The Shop, 924 S. Perry St.
International and Intercultural Communication. Features Claudia Bucciferro, visiting assistant professor of communication arts. Saturday, April 27 at 11 a.m. at The Little Garden Café, 2901 W. Northwest Blvd.
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021
- Temple Beth Shalom Vandalized with Swastikas - February 8, 2021
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Helping Women & Children - August 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Sr. Mary Eucharista, “Hope, Peace & Healing” - August 15, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Jim Murphy “Come and See” - August 7, 2020
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Power of Words - August 1, 2020