Spokane Valley church, ONE*, will hold a benefit concert on Friday for KXLY Photographer Tim Martin and his wife, Melissa, who are trying to adopt two Haitian girls.
After a mission trip to Haiti, the couple decided to adopt the two girls, who they say captured their hearts, according to KXLY.
“We started to feel more and more like God was telling us that we were supposed to be their parents, that we were supposed to be their mommy and daddy,” Tim said in an article.
However because of high costs and difficulties working with the Haitian government, the Martins need some help.
Donations for the Martin family will be accepted at the free concert. The couple needs to raise about $60,000.
The concert begins at 7 p.m. at the church. Brandon Bee, Zecharriah Erickson and FAZ will be performing.
- Spokane Retreat Center Offers Post-Christmas Day of Recollection - January 2, 2022
- Supporting Our Reporters: Meet Loren Negron - December 5, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk — The State of Religion Reporting Today - December 4, 2021
- Spokane Valley Vigil to be Held in Response to Rittenhouse Verdict - November 29, 2021
- A new aspect of the Tarot boom: Diversity in the deck - November 13, 2021
- The Lands Council To Host SpoCanopy Community Tree Planting Event - October 10, 2021
- Gonzaga Report on Catholic Sexual Abuse Crisis Recommends Next Steps, Path Forward for Healing and Justice - September 4, 2021
- We Believe We Vote Bringing Gov. Mike Huckabee to Spokane - August 29, 2021
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright to speak at Whitworth University’s President’s Leadership Forum - August 21, 2021
- Saturday Coffee Talk to be on Understanding Prayer - August 6, 2021