Spokane Valley church, ONE*, will hold a benefit concert on Friday for KXLY Photographer Tim Martin and his wife, Melissa, who are trying to adopt two Haitian girls.
After a mission trip to Haiti, the couple decided to adopt the two girls, who they say captured their hearts, according to KXLY.
“We started to feel more and more like God was telling us that we were supposed to be their parents, that we were supposed to be their mommy and daddy,” Tim said in an article.
However because of high costs and difficulties working with the Haitian government, the Martins need some help.
Donations for the Martin family will be accepted at the free concert. The couple needs to raise about $60,000.
The concert begins at 7 p.m. at the church. Brandon Bee, Zecharriah Erickson and FAZ will be performing.
- Video: Coffee Talk on Faith and Technology - June 5, 2021
- “Celebrate Curiosity” Art Contest Deadline Approaching May 12 - May 8, 2021
- Take This FāVS Survey & You Could Win a FāVS T-Shirt - April 23, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Role of Holidays in Different Faith Traditions” - April 5, 2021
- Rally To Be Held in Downtown Spokane Saturday “To Stop Asian Hate” - March 19, 2021
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021
- Temple Beth Shalom Vandalized with Swastikas - February 8, 2021
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020