On July 29 The Rev. Grant Ikuta, bishop of Jodo Shinshu Buddhist Temples of Canada, will celebrate obon at the Spokane Buddhist Temple.
Obon is is a Japanese Buddhist custom to honor the spirits of one's ancestors.
Ikuta will conduct a 9 a.m. cemetery service at the upper and lower terraces at Greenwood Cemetery and give a Dharma Talk at the temple at 10:30 a.m.
For information visit the temple website.
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Helping Women & Children - August 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Sr. Mary Eucharista, “Hope, Peace & Healing” - August 15, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Jim Murphy “Come and See” - August 7, 2020
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Power of Words - August 1, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Heather Tadlock “Holy Agitation” - July 25, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Liv Larson Andrews, “Beautiful Tension” - July 17, 2020
- Director of Quaker Retreat Center to be Digital Guest at Friends Church - July 13, 2020
- YWCA Spokane Calls for Women of Achievement Nominations - July 9, 2020