Classes will be weekly on Mondays from 6:30-8:00 p.m through Sept. 16.
Entitled “Developing Heart-strength with Meditation,” the class will incorporate Buddhist meditations for developing love and compassion and focuses on the “six far-reaching practices”— generosity, ethical conduct, fortitude, joyous effort, concentration and wisdom, according to a press release. These trainings develop the heart-strength to be able to peacefully yet powerfully engage in benefiting others.
Classes include meditation instruction as well as teachings on the philosophy that underlies the practice. Regular attendance will bring the most benefit, though drop-ins are welcome. The classes are free, though donations are appreciated.
To register for the class or for more information contact email email@example.com, call 509-447-5549 or visit the abbey website.
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Power of Words - August 1, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Heather Tadlock “Holy Agitation” - July 25, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Liv Larson Andrews, “Beautiful Tension” - July 17, 2020
- Director of Quaker Retreat Center to be Digital Guest at Friends Church - July 13, 2020
- YWCA Spokane Calls for Women of Achievement Nominations - July 9, 2020
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Value of Human Connection” - June 5, 2020
- Inslee Issues Guidelines for Resuming Religious Services in Spokane - May 28, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Rabbi Tamar Malino “Full Life Cycle” - May 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Pastor Joe Wittwer “When Life Gives You Lemons” - May 16, 2020
- Thank you donors! - May 10, 2020