On Oct. 13 The Franciscan Place at St. Joseph Family Center will host “Aging is NOT for sissies” a half-day workshop for women at least 55 years old.
Women are invited to discuss the second half of life with presenter Barbara Burkart. Burkart is a licensed massage therapist and experienced spiritual director known for leading healing arts through expressive arts, spiritual practices and body movement.
The workshop will be from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Suggested donation price is $39 and guests are asked to register by Oct. 11.
Optional reading for the workshop is “The Second Half of Life: Opening the Eight Gates of Wisdom.”
- Taking a Risk for Love - September 19, 2022
- VIDEO – Coffee Talk: Responding To Hate & Violence, Part 2 - August 7, 2022
- Now Hiring: Freelance Reporters - August 2, 2022
- Seeking Local Human Rights Champions - July 26, 2022
- Gonzaga offers $500 prize to person or organization countering hatred￼ - July 23, 2022
- VIDEO! Pop up Coffee Talk: Roe v Wade & Scotus – How my Faith Tells me to Respond - July 20, 2022
- How one church is staying “Grounded” - June 28, 2022
- Some Celebrate, Some Vow to Fight Back: Spokane Responds to Reversal of Roe V. Wade - June 24, 2022
- I am learning that ‘being’ is more compelling than ‘doing’ - May 16, 2022
- A tribute to my source, and friend, Pastor Andy CastroLang, who will retire this year - April 18, 2022