Origin Church, located at 5115 S. Freya, will be closing and transferring ownership of its building and property to SpokaneFāVS in May of this year.
The SpokaneFāVS.com board of directors has decided to turn the building into an Interfaith Community Center.
“Over the years SpokaneFāVS has created a community, and in return we’ve been given a community center,” said Tracy Simmons, executive director of SpokaneFāVS.
She said the space will be used for retreats, classes, weddings, worships services, Coffee Talks and other events.
The Rev. Scott Kinder-Pyle, pastor of Origin Church, said that the congregation decided to give the 3-acre property to SpokaneFāVS because of the interfaith dialogue the website has established between Christians and non-Christians in the community and wanted to provide a comfortable place for them to continue inviting people of Jewish, Christian, Atheist, Agnostic, Humanist, Hindu, Muslim and other faith traditions to dialogue.
Over the next few months, the congregation will finalize closing and lawyers will work on contracts for both parties. Origin Church also donated money for operational costs to help the Interfaith Community Center get started.
Stay tuned to SpokaneFaVS.com for more information. To donate to this project click the button below.
- Second Whistleblower, Tanner Rowe, receives Leadership of Conscience Medal - July 3, 2019
- Whistleblower Jay Pounder receives Leadership of Conscience Medal - June 20, 2019
- 20 years of resilience: The story of Jackson Lino - June 9, 2019
- In the shadow of the thunder dragon: Life as a Bhutanese refugee - June 4, 2019
- Interfaith Pride Service Aims to Embrace LGBT Community - May 30, 2019
- 2019 Spokane Area Easter Listings - April 19, 2019
- GU Alumna Develops Award-Winning Indigenous Video Game - April 18, 2019
- Tribal environmental summit to address loss of salmon and its impacts - January 17, 2019
- BREAKING: SpokaneFāVS, gifted building; plans to open local Interfaith Community Center - January 6, 2019
- This Weekend’s Salmon Tales Gala To Raise Funds for Salish School - November 8, 2018