The local NAACP, Musicians Union, Peace & Justice Action League of Spokane, Sierra Club, Center for Justice and Greater Spokane Progress organizations, as well individuals from Spokane have organized a Black Lives Matter vigil, which will take place this weekend.
“We’re coming together for this vigil to share our grief and anger about the deaths of Alton Sterling and Philondo Castile, and to demonstrate our commitment to acting together to expose and transform this racist system of violence and oppression, not just policing but the entire criminal justice system, everywhere it reaches, and all the other systemically racist systems that it co-perpetuates, and the ideologies that power them,” the vigil event invitation stated.
The event will take place Saturday at noon at the Spokane County Courthouse.
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Jim Murphy “Come and See” - August 7, 2020
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Power of Words - August 1, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Heather Tadlock “Holy Agitation” - July 25, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Liv Larson Andrews, “Beautiful Tension” - July 17, 2020
- Director of Quaker Retreat Center to be Digital Guest at Friends Church - July 13, 2020
- YWCA Spokane Calls for Women of Achievement Nominations - July 9, 2020
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Value of Human Connection” - June 5, 2020
- Inslee Issues Guidelines for Resuming Religious Services in Spokane - May 28, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Rabbi Tamar Malino “Full Life Cycle” - May 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Pastor Joe Wittwer “When Life Gives You Lemons” - May 16, 2020