“The Power of Words” was the topic at the SpokaneFāVS Coffee Talk, which took place online on Aug. 1.
- Former Spokane NAACP President Phil Tyler
- Rev. Melissa Opel, of the Spokane Buddhist Temple
- SpokaneFāVS Board Secretary and columnist Elizabeth Backstrom
- Emily Willet, Licensed Mental Health Counselor (MA, LMHC)
Here’s a list of recommended reading from today’s Coffee Talk:
- Painting With Words: How We Can Mean More Than What We Say: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/hide-and-seek/202007/painting-words-how-we-can-mean-more-what-we-say
- The Oatmeal: The Backfire Effect https://theoatmeal.com/comics/believe
- “The Big Sort” by Bill Bishop
- “Bowling Alone” by Robert Putnam
- “Coming to Public Judgment” by Daniel Yankelovich
Stay tuned to SpokaneFāVS.com for info on our next event!
FāVS is trying to raise $2,000 to pay its reporters to cover COVID-19. Will you help?
- Spokane Retreat Center Offers Post-Christmas Day of Recollection - January 2, 2022
- Supporting Our Reporters: Meet Loren Negron - December 5, 2021
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk — The State of Religion Reporting Today - December 4, 2021
- Spokane Valley Vigil to be Held in Response to Rittenhouse Verdict - November 29, 2021
- A new aspect of the Tarot boom: Diversity in the deck - November 13, 2021
- The Lands Council To Host SpoCanopy Community Tree Planting Event - October 10, 2021
- Gonzaga Report on Catholic Sexual Abuse Crisis Recommends Next Steps, Path Forward for Healing and Justice - September 4, 2021
- We Believe We Vote Bringing Gov. Mike Huckabee to Spokane - August 29, 2021
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright to speak at Whitworth University’s President’s Leadership Forum - August 21, 2021
- Saturday Coffee Talk to be on Understanding Prayer - August 6, 2021