“The Power of Words” was the topic at the SpokaneFāVS Coffee Talk, which took place online on Aug. 1.
- Former Spokane NAACP President Phil Tyler
- Rev. Melissa Opel, of the Spokane Buddhist Temple
- SpokaneFāVS Board Secretary and columnist Elizabeth Backstrom
- Emily Willet, Licensed Mental Health Counselor (MA, LMHC)
Here’s a list of recommended reading from today’s Coffee Talk:
- Painting With Words: How We Can Mean More Than What We Say: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/hide-and-seek/202007/painting-words-how-we-can-mean-more-what-we-say
- The Oatmeal: The Backfire Effect https://theoatmeal.com/comics/believe
- “The Big Sort” by Bill Bishop
- “Bowling Alone” by Robert Putnam
- “Coming to Public Judgment” by Daniel Yankelovich
Stay tuned to SpokaneFāVS.com for info on our next event!
FāVS is trying to raise $2,000 to pay its reporters to cover COVID-19. Will you help?
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Power of Words - August 1, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Heather Tadlock “Holy Agitation” - July 25, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Liv Larson Andrews, “Beautiful Tension” - July 17, 2020
- Director of Quaker Retreat Center to be Digital Guest at Friends Church - July 13, 2020
- YWCA Spokane Calls for Women of Achievement Nominations - July 9, 2020
- VIDEO: Coffee Talk “The Value of Human Connection” - June 5, 2020
- Inslee Issues Guidelines for Resuming Religious Services in Spokane - May 28, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Rabbi Tamar Malino “Full Life Cycle” - May 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward Podcast: Pastor Joe Wittwer “When Life Gives You Lemons” - May 16, 2020
- Thank you donors! - May 10, 2020