“The Power of Words” was the topic at the SpokaneFāVS Coffee Talk, which took place online on Aug. 1.
- Former Spokane NAACP President Phil Tyler
- Rev. Melissa Opel, of the Spokane Buddhist Temple
- SpokaneFāVS Board Secretary and columnist Elizabeth Backstrom
- Emily Willet, Licensed Mental Health Counselor (MA, LMHC)
Here’s a list of recommended reading from today’s Coffee Talk:
- Painting With Words: How We Can Mean More Than What We Say: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/hide-and-seek/202007/painting-words-how-we-can-mean-more-what-we-say
- The Oatmeal: The Backfire Effect https://theoatmeal.com/comics/believe
- “The Big Sort” by Bill Bishop
- “Bowling Alone” by Robert Putnam
- “Coming to Public Judgment” by Daniel Yankelovich
Stay tuned to SpokaneFāVS.com for info on our next event!
FāVS is trying to raise $2,000 to pay its reporters to cover COVID-19. Will you help?
- The Fig Tree Benefits March 5 and 10 To Be Held Virtual - February 28, 2021
- Temple Beth Shalom Vandalized with Swastikas - February 8, 2021
- Top FāVS News and Commentary of 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Pandemic’s effects on religious life, liberty named No. 1 religion story of 2020 - December 17, 2020
- Spokane Clergy Plan to Commit to Year of Anti-Racist Work - September 15, 2020
- FāVS Online Social Coming up Sept. 10 - September 4, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Helping Women & Children - August 22, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Sr. Mary Eucharista, “Hope, Peace & Healing” - August 15, 2020
- FāVS Forward: Rev. Jim Murphy “Come and See” - August 7, 2020
- Video – Coffee Talk: The Power of Words - August 1, 2020