Do you have a question about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints? Submit it online or fill out the form below.
Why should I be Mormon?
Now, I can tell you why I’m Mormon and what I love about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and how it helps me grow closer to God and be a better person, but that’s my experience and my testimony. The answers I get from God when I ask where He wants me to be and what He wants me to do are not directly transferable to anyone else.
One of my favorite tenets of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the emphasis on personal revelation, the idea that each person has access to direct communication with God through the Holy Ghost to guide her life. If you’ve read the Book of Mormon, studied the scriptures and the doctrines of the Church, met with missionaries, and prayed sincerely asking God what He wants you to do, I believe that you’ll get an answer in God’s time and in God’s way. At that point, it’s up to you to respond in the way you feel God is directing you. And that’s such a personal, individual experience that I can’t tell you what your answer will be or what you should do.
That’s God’s job, not mine.
- Ask A Mormon: What happens to someone after they’re excommunicated? - April 18, 2018
- 2018 Spokane area Holy Week Listings - March 25, 2018
- Why we should be troubled by Trump’s “shithole countries” comments - January 14, 2018
- Ask A Mormon: Can you be baptized after death? - January 4, 2018
- 2017 Spokane Area Christmas Services - December 24, 2017
- 2017 Spokane Area Easter and Holy Week Service Listings - April 12, 2017
- Ask A Mormon: Beliefs, practices after suicide - April 6, 2017
- Ask a Mormon: What is temple prayer roll? - March 1, 2017
- Ask a Mormon: Why do you call yourselves Mormon rather than Christian? - February 28, 2017
- Key to Survival: Listen, Talk to Each Other - February 9, 2017