What do you want to know about Religious Science? Revs. Joe and Toni Niemiec, New Thought ministers, are ready to answer your questions. Fill out the form below or submit your question online.
Question. What do you believe makes God divine? The story of the tree of knowledge reveals who God is. Why the temptation of knowledge would cause us disobey him. Religion was given us in place of the blessing of a divine existence. Knowledge is obtainable to us, a divine understanding gives us the wisdom to become as God intended.
By Joe Niemiec
In Centers for Spiritual Living, which is based on the writings and teaching of Ernest Holmes we do not believe in a particular entity as God, as in the Abrahamic traditions. This is true of New Thought teachings (Unity, Divine Science, and others) in general.
We recognize a Spiritual Essence at the core of all creation and that creation itself is that Spiritual Essence manifesting so It may experience what we call life in, through, and as us. In this belief, we see all creation as divine, not just one small portion.
Religions have been created from the beginning of time to explain the mysteries of life. In all traditions, there is truth that leads the followers to whatever the result, whether heaven or hell or reincarnation, that they believe. We respect all traditions as pathways to the individual’s divine wisdom.
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Minister Training - February 8, 2019
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Centers for Spiritual Living - December 21, 2018
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Did Ernest Holmes consider Religious Science Christian? - November 7, 2018
- Ask A Religion Scientist: Stance on Health - August 6, 2018
- Recognizing and celebrating Christmas Day - December 24, 2017
- Ask A Religious Scientist: What makes God real? - October 1, 2017
- Ask A Religious Scientist: What makes God divine? - September 17, 2017
- I felt the earth move under my feet - July 6, 2017
- Celebrate A Nation, Celebrate An Idea - July 4, 2017
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Religious Science vs. Unity - April 11, 2017