What do you want to ask an Atheist? Fill out the form below or submit your question online.
By Jim Downard
Why do you think the Pacific Northwest is such an ‘unchurched’ area?
As I’m not religious, I cannot claim by personal experience how “churched” or not the region is compared to others. I have conducted no rigorous study here.
There does appear to be no shortage of physical churches in Spokane, though, they’re far commoner block on block than Starbuck’s or Zip’s.
Perhaps the questioner senses that the region is not sufficiently overt in their religious convictions, or fails to reflect their particular vision of religiosity. Those are quite different issues.
- Ask An Atheist: Reincarnation and Rebirth - July 10, 2022
- Ask An Atheist: Do You Avoid Holidays? - January 2, 2022
- Ask An Atheist: Reincarnation, not God - October 8, 2021
- UNDERSTANDING PRAYER: Haven’t got a prayer … or do we? - July 16, 2021
- Ask An Atheist: Does it Take Faith to be an Atheist? - March 5, 2021
- Ask An Atheist: A Strictly Negative Position? - July 15, 2020
- Ask an Atheist: Ever hesitant to announce your atheism? - July 7, 2020
- Donald the Apostate and Things to Come - May 24, 2020
- Ask An Atheist: Better Without Religion? - March 8, 2020
- Ask An Atheist: A Loving God? - February 17, 2020