What do you want to ask an Atheist? Fill out the form below or submit your question online.
By Jim Downard
Why do you think the Pacific Northwest is such an ‘unchurched’ area?
As I’m not religious, I cannot claim by personal experience how “churched” or not the region is compared to others. I have conducted no rigorous study here.
There does appear to be no shortage of physical churches in Spokane, though, they’re far commoner block on block than Starbuck’s or Zip’s.
Perhaps the questioner senses that the region is not sufficiently overt in their religious convictions, or fails to reflect their particular vision of religiosity. Those are quite different issues.
- Ask An Atheist: Why aren’t Atheists included in memorial services? - August 19, 2018
- Ask An Atheist: How do you explain design throughout the universe? - August 11, 2018
- Ask An Atheist: Why is the PNW so unchurched? - August 1, 2018
- Ask An Atheist: Stupid Questions - July 20, 2018
- Ask An Atheist: Do you believe in reincarnation? - June 25, 2018
- Ask An Atheist: Will I see my loved ones again? - June 16, 2018
- Ask An Atheist: What’s it like to celebrate Christian holidays? - May 8, 2018
- Bill Cosby: Were the warning signs there all along? - April 27, 2018
- Ask An Atheist: God and nature - April 12, 2018
- Stephen Hawking: The Stuff Dreams Are Made On - March 21, 2018