Ask An Atheist: Reincarnation, not God
What do you want to ask an Atheist? Fill out the form below or submit your question online.
What if I don’t believe in God but I believe in reincarnation?
This one pops up every so often, and my view hasn’t changed.
Though I doubt reincarnation occurs, the idea that this could be part of the natural universe is independent from whether or not any god(s) are operating behind or through it. The issue here would be whether there’s any incorporeal spirit that can exist after death, to be reincarnated, as well as how that could possibly operate.
It is the case though that reincarnation notions tend to relate to particular theological positions (not occurring at all in the God of Abraham club, but coming with the orientation package for Hinduism and Buddhism), which means that I suppose I’ll continue to get this question now and then.
Have a happy next life (if there is one).
- Ask An Atheist: Reincarnation, not God - October 8, 2021
- UNDERSTANDING PRAYER: Haven’t got a prayer … or do we? - July 16, 2021
- Ask An Atheist: Does it Take Faith to be an Atheist? - March 5, 2021
- Ask An Atheist: A Strictly Negative Position? - July 15, 2020
- Ask an Atheist: Ever hesitant to announce your atheism? - July 7, 2020
- Donald the Apostate and Things to Come - May 24, 2020
- Ask An Atheist: Better Without Religion? - March 8, 2020
- Ask An Atheist: A Loving God? - February 17, 2020
- Ask An Atheist: Freedom of Conscience - February 7, 2020
- Ask An Atheist: Atheist or Secular? - January 20, 2020