What do you want to know about Religious Science? Revs. Joe and Toni Niemiec, New Thought ministers, are ready to answer your questions. Fill out the form below or submit your question online.
By Joe Niemiec
What is a Course in Miracles?
A Course in Miracles is a text which is considered to be a modern teaching of Jesus, channeled by Helen Schucman and written with the help of William Thetford.
It was originally published as three hardback books:
- Volume One, The Text
- Volume Two, Workbook for Students
- Volume Three, Manual for Teachers.
It was later condensed into one thick softcover but kept its three distinct sections.
The course does not fall into any particular category such as New Thought, New Age, or Christian, but rather stands by itself as a teaching of a new way of actually “seeing” the world.
It was made famous by Marianne Williamson through her many books, appearances on Oprah, and worldwide travel as an author, speaker, and teacher. She has developed her own church based on the teaching.
There are study groups throughout the world and a simple Google search will help find a local group. Although we do not offer it at the Center for Spiritual Living Spokane, we respect its teachings which are based on love.
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Jesus and the Easter Story - May 26, 2020
- Viewpoints: Does God Punish His Children? - January 25, 2020
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Minister Training - January 7, 2020
- Trust & Safety: A Response to December’s Coffee Talk - December 28, 2019
- Ask A Religious Scientist: What Do You Think About Jesus - May 1, 2019
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Minister Training - February 8, 2019
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Centers for Spiritual Living - December 21, 2018
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Did Ernest Holmes consider Religious Science Christian? - November 7, 2018
- Ask A Religion Scientist: Stance on Health - August 6, 2018
- Recognizing and celebrating Christmas Day - December 24, 2017