Ask A Religious Scientist: Minister Training

What do you want to know about Religious Science? Revs. Joe and Toni Niemiec, New Thought ministers, are ready to answer your questions. Fill out the form below or submit your question online.

By Joe Niemiec Jr

What is minister training in Religious Science?

To become a minister with Centers for Spiritual Living (CSL) you must first become a practitioner. The pre-requisite coursework takes one to two years prior to entering the practitioner coursework. The practitioner coursework is and additional two years. All may be taken at a local Center (if offered) and/or online through CSL. Once the coursework is completed there are final written and oral examinations given regionally. Practitioners are licensed through local centers at the minister’s discretion.

Completing the practitioner training there is an additional three-four years of coursework, offered online and then quarterly regional intensive retreats. Following successful completion of the coursework one is eligible to attend a final intensive training, written exam, and sit before a panel of ministers for an oral exam.

About Joe Niemiec

The Rev. Joe Niemiec Jr. began his spiritual quest in 1986 when he walked out of a Houston jail and was struck by the realization that his life was in shambles.

He began his quest for ‘getting back on track’ with 12 step programs, followed by learning and practicing meditation with a local Redding, California, teacher.

View All Posts

Check Also

Gay pride flags should not be banned in classrooms

I agree that in general, classrooms shouldn't be a place to push a particular political ideology or campaign. However, simply being gay in school isn't a political campaign. It's a recognition that a teacher's classroom is a safe place for gay kids. If that's political to you, even if the teacher never once mentions a political candidate, you've probably got a problem with the existence of the gay kids.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.