What do you want to know about Religious Science? Revs. Joe and Toni Niemiec, New Thought ministers, are ready to answer your questions. Fill out the form below or submit your question online.
By Joe Niemiec
What is the proof that the world was begun by religion?
I believe religion was created so humankind can explain the mysteries of life (and even then there are some mysteries without sufficient explanation). We are told that we were created in the image of God, and yet if you look at the Old Testament, I could make the argument that in an attempt to give God a mental form, he (Old Testament is assuredly he) was pictured as a sometimes benevolent and sometimes angry father figure that somehow was able to keep track of all human behavior and had time left over to judge that behavior and relegate individuals to a particular eternal resting place based on that behavior.
Religious Science teaches that there is a primordial creative force from which all creation emanates, not a God in the Old Testament sense. The Big Bang theory is as good an explanation as any I’ve heard, and actually better than most.
- Accepting Our Differences Could Mean Peace On Earth - December 17, 2021
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Jesus and the Easter Story - May 26, 2020
- Viewpoints: Does God Punish His Children? - January 25, 2020
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Minister Training - January 7, 2020
- Trust & Safety: A Response to December’s Coffee Talk - December 28, 2019
- Ask A Religious Scientist: What Do You Think About Jesus - May 1, 2019
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Minister Training - February 8, 2019
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Centers for Spiritual Living - December 21, 2018
- Ask A Religious Scientist: Did Ernest Holmes consider Religious Science Christian? - November 7, 2018
- Ask A Religion Scientist: Stance on Health - August 6, 2018