What do you want to Ask a Muslim? Submit your questions online or fill out the form below.
I asked my friend if he wanted some wine, after saying no he asked to not ask him that question again. Is there anything else I should refrain from asking. I want to make sure he is comfortable at all times.
Islam as a religion is considered a way of life. There is a code of conduct to follow in all aspects of life whether it’s food, marriage, business, politics and more.
Food is a very important part of one’s life and Islam has certain dietary restrictions on how to consume it. So if you have a Muslim friend over for a party, dinner or watch a game with you, you can keep following things in mind.
- Muslims do not drink any beverage that contains alcohol, its forbidden.
- Muslims do not eat pork and bacon or any food that contains extract from them like Gelatin, enzymes, L-cysteine, Rennet or Lipase etc. They eat halal food.
- Vegetarian food and fish is safe to serve.
What is Halal ?
“Halal refers to any food product that is not prohibited. In fact, the vast majority of foods are halal and therefore too numerous to list. Almost all non-meat and non-alcoholic foods are halal.” (WhyIslam)
What is Halal meat?
“When it comes to meat, halal or zabiha simply mean that the animal was slaughtered according to Islamic guidelines. Islam places great emphasis on how an animal’s life ends and how it is to be treated at the time of slaughter. All life, including that of animals, is considered sacred and must be treated humanely.” (WhyIslam)
- Ask A Muslim: How Did Islam Begin? - December 17, 2019
- Ask A Muslim: Can girls be married off? - November 23, 2019
- Ask A Muslim: Islamic Approach to Education - November 4, 2019
- Ask A Muslim: What do people misunderstand about Islam? - September 7, 2019
- Ask A Muslim: The Role Of Missions - July 17, 2019
- Ask A Muslim: Having a Muslim Friend Over - July 10, 2019
- How Muslim Women See Feminism Under The Lens Of Islam - May 27, 2019
- The Strength Of The Invisible Rope Of Faith - April 30, 2019
- Celebrating new traditions and integrating into a new culture - April 12, 2019
- Because He Loves You: My Journey to the Holy Land Ends in Bethlehem - January 17, 2019