Where in Spokane can I find matzo meal for matzo balls?
Safeway on the South Hill (on 29th) has a very small kosher section and usually has both boxed matzah and matzo meal year-round. You can also order it online which is often the best bet for kosher items in the area. Anyone looking for matzo meal would have much better luck around Pesach, though.
I would add that you can make matzoh meal simply by pulverizing matzoh. Specifically, “You can whiz pieces of matzo in the food processor until very finely chopped. A coarser texture will be better for things like meatloaf, while a finer texture is a better choice if you’re going to tackle some matzo-based baking.”
- Jewish Film Fest Driven by Values - January 13, 2020
- Disagreements for the sake of heaven - March 29, 2019
- Ask A Jew: Is the Wailing Wall truly a remnant of the Second Temple? - March 13, 2019
- A festival of much-needed uplift - January 14, 2019
- Ask A Jew: How come Jews pound their chest when they pray? - January 8, 2019
- Ask A Jew: The Balfour Declaration - January 3, 2019
- Ask A Jew: Help! I Need Matzo Ball Soup - December 18, 2018
- Ask A Jew: Finding out more about your heritage - December 12, 2018
- The creative minds behind “Rabbi Sid, the Rappin’ Rabbi” speak out - December 6, 2018
- A Question of Values: Political candidates respond to question of faith, morals - October 31, 2018