What does it mean that Jesus is the King of the Jews?Why did Pontius Pilate ask Jesus if He is the King of the Jews?
Are Jews saved because they are God”s chosen people? Will Jews go to Heaven even if they do not trust in Jesus?
The phrase “King of the Jews” is used in Christian literature, not Jewish. Jews have no king. We have rabbis and there have been leaders among us like Moses and Aaron, but we have no king. You’d have to ask a Christian what their texts mean.
What questions do you have about Islam? Submit them here.
If everyone who reads and appreciates FāVS, helps fund it, we can provide more features like this. For as little as $5, you can support FāVS – and it only takes a minute. Thank you.
- Finding Family Among the Strangers - August 24, 2018
- From generation to generation: Connected to others - August 12, 2018
- Ask A Jew: Does God have a Gender? - July 22, 2018
- Look Up - July 3, 2018
- Ask A Jew: Becoming a rabbi - June 11, 2018
- Ask A Jew: Jesus King of the Jews? - April 17, 2018
- VIEWPOINTS: How important is religious affiliation today? - January 29, 2018
- This holiday season don’t forget gifts for staff - December 18, 2017
- Hiding—You Keep Using That Word. I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means - December 14, 2017
- Tired of writing about mass shootings - November 6, 2017