I am trying to help a man cleanse his soul after committing a crime against the Jewish faith and people. I am not finding any Jewish leaders in Spokane who are showing interest in helping this man (but I am still looking). Can you make any suggestions regarding who else to contact?
In Judaism, we don’t believe we have the ability to grant forgiveness for offenses committed against someone else. If this was a crime committed against a specific synagogue in Spokane, then that is the place to contact. If this is a crime committed against an individual, then that person needs to be contacted. If this is a crime committed against someone else, then the Jewish community in Spokane can’t offer forgiveness.
- A High Holidays Letter to Rabbis Trying To Meet Congregational Needs During The Pandemic - September 5, 2021
- Everyday Is Mother’s Day: A Jewish Perspective - May 9, 2021
- Bat Mitzvah Planning In A Pandemic - April 22, 2021
- Ask A Jew: Breaking A Glass at a Wedding - April 7, 2021
- Ask a Jew: Kosher for Passover - March 21, 2021
- Ask A Jew: Are Jewish Dietary Laws Outdated? - March 11, 2021
- Ask A Jew: Online Gathering Places? - February 7, 2021
- Don’t forgive them for they know exactly what they do - January 11, 2021
- Ask A Jew: Chanukah Greetings for Non-Jews - January 4, 2021
- Ask A Jew: Misusing Sacred Jewish Words - December 13, 2020